Question

Stressedandconfused

I only have one credit card but it requires a monthly fee. Should I close it? (I have poor credit)
I only have one credit card with a $300 limit, but requires a $99 annual fee. That is ridiculous to me. I've had the card for a while, but it doesn't have a good history. I have recently paid it off, so it is at a balance of $0 right now. I know I should probably have some type of credit card in order to start building my credit score, but I really wish it was with a card that didn't have a fee 1/3 of its worth!!! However, due to my low credit score, I am concerned about not being able to qualify for another one (one without an annual fee). Should I risk it and close it anyway?

How low is your credit score? Fkind your local credit union, get a checking account with them and tlak about getting a credt card witht hem, even if it si secured. then when yuo have that go ahead and cancel the fee card.