Question

Teeshtwo

I have bad credit and living on social security how can I afford to pay back credit cardpeople?
I am in collections with all of them. And I was told that they cant come after me. I have Lexington Law helping me. But I want things to clear up faster. Does anyone know how long a bankruptcy for New York State last?
thanks.

Bankruptcy is federal action and it stays on your credit report for 10 years from date it is discharged or dismissed.  Why are you paying Lexington Law instead of your creditors?  You need to try and consolidate your bills, negotiate for reduced settlement amounts, work with your creditors, get rid of unnecessary expenses (like LL) and live within your budget.  There are many great non-proft credit counseling agencies you can use for free, just Google it.