Question

alexmatias

I have a thin file, but refuse to pay interest by having a secured credit card. Other options?
I have a "thin file". The only option that credit karma gave me was to open a secured credit card. Now I may be wrong here, but it sounds a lot like I am borrowing money from myself and paying the bank interest rates since my credit line depends on my deposit. On top of that there is a $29 annual fee. I do not want to pay interest from borrowing from my self so my question is do I have other options to improve my credit without a secured credit card?