Question

Cyndogg33

How to choose a travel credit card based on my spending. Help!!
Hi - I am looking to revamp me and my husbands credit cards. I really want to start getting into the travel points/rewards game and want to do this in the most responsible way. I have researched dozens of cards. Has far as our credit, it is excellent on both our ends and we would be paying off our card/s in full. As far as our spending - We spend most on groceries, gas, and dining, and our monthly utilities. I SO badly want to go with the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, but you only get 2X points on dining (which is good) and travel (which we DON'T spend enough on). The perks are great, but since we don't spend much on travel, I feel like we wouldn't accumulate rewards as fast other cards since all other purchses are 1point/dollar. I also like that the Sapphire preferred lets you transfer points to frequent travel programs. So based on all the above, what would you suggest to get the best bang for my buck & accumulate points fast? Cards I have researched that have come up to be the most popular are as follows:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Bank Americard Travel or Rewards
- Capital One Venture
- Discover it Travel.
Any other credit cards that you would suggest? Are there any other cards that transfer to leading frequent travel programs? PLEASE HELP! Thanks!