3.8

Apr 10, 2019
Lots of benefits

Credit Karma matched my approval odds as being "very good". ?I applied and was approved with 4000 starting credit line. ?You have to be a COSTCO card member in order to apply & have this card. ?If you cancel your COSTCO membership your card will be cancelled. ?Keep that in mind when applying. ?

Nov 24, 2018
Punitive reporting for usage

This card has the best rewards of my three cards and I had to pay a big one time bill so I decided to use it. ?I paid the bill which was 90% of my limit and then paid off the card right away to avoid a high usage mark. ?They reported the high usage to Transunion immediately and dumped my credit score from excellent to fair on one fell swoop. ?They were absolutely useless on the phone. ?This card wil penalize you for use, avoid all Citi products.

Jun 01, 2022
Worst service of any credit card I’ve owned

I have been a Citibank holder on other accounts for over ten years. I have never missed a payment on any credit card. I had a credit score of over 720 but when my overall utilization was about 40%, they lowered my CL from $16k to the balance on the card, which was $5k, during COVID. My credit score dropped as my utilization percentage skyrocketed. I called service to get them to reconsider but they wouldn’t. Then when I paid the card off a year later, they lowered my CL to $0!!! What a joke. I canceled the card obviously.

May 17, 2022
Hard to get approved

I had a good credit score over 750 and over two years, but apparently that is not enough. Now i have a hard inquiry against my score.

May 16, 2022
Costco

Not Great!

Feb 11, 2022
Near Zero Consumer Protection

The card is great because it works at Costco, outside of that, I cannot stress enough: User beware. We are NOT the sort to trigger disputes often, hardly ever in fact. But when it's for larger purchases and the merchant does not deliver AND refuses to work with us, then we have to turn to the infamous "chargeback". We had close to 400 pages of documentation when disputing including their guarantee as well as the merchants irrational responses. The case was VERY clear we were in the right. They waived it off with virtually zero explanation and refused to look into it further. $14K down the drain. Thanks Citi card. Great job protecting your customers. With over $420K put on the card in 2021 I think we have a pretty solid standing to review like this

Jan 20, 2022
Worst experience with any credit card

Had been using this for years as I'm a Costco emoyee. Before Christmas someone got a hold of my card number and I had to cancel the card and get a new card number. Citi assured me that any return from the holidays that I have being refunded onto the canceled card will find its way on to my current card and not to worry about the refund. I have over two thousand dollars in returns that have not made it to my new card and don't even show up in the system. The fact that I have spent hours and hours and days trying to get my money back from merchants and cant. I'm done with this card.

Jan 17, 2022
Broken application system

Was sent a pre approval letter, entered my info, and got 'rejected' in seconds. Total waste of a hard inquiry.

Dec 10, 2021
Will close your account for 1 bounced payment.

Canceled entire account due to 1 returned payment. No heads up. Customer service was extremely unhelpful.

Oct 19, 2021
Denied for "too many" inquiries

800+ credit score, $100k+ salary, $0 debt, extremely low utilization rate, one inquiry in 2021, one inquiry in 2020, and yet denied for "too many credit inquiries." Called their reconsideration line and they wouldn't budge. Unbelievable.

Sep 14, 2021
A must for Costco Executive members

This card combining both the Costco membership card and Visa credit card makes it very convenient when purchasing gas at Costco gas stations.

Sep 07, 2021
Surprised!

680 credit, fair chance of approval, and was approved for 4000. I was shocked. Been working really hard at building my credit back up so this helps...