Question

hallowitch

How long does it take to get approval from Suntrust going from secured to unsecured credit card?
Have a suntrust secured card Supposed to be "reviewed" for unsecured status after 18 months. At least this is what I was told by Suntrust some 21 months ago. When 18 months passed, I asked when do I find out about the status of this "review". I was told after the 18th month statment dropped. 18th month statment dropped on 9/11/2016. I opened this account in feb of 2015. Never been late, only carried a balance a few times until just recently. Still never been late. The whole reason I applied was to help my credit score which it did because my husband and I were able to buy a house this year WITH VA financing. From offer to finish process took be only 45 days. So why is it taking close to three months to approve an unsecured card with a credit limit of $750. Seriously I'm not asking for a 10000 credit limit. Finally I submitted a complaint to BBB and they have the nerve to call me this week and tell me they need an extra week to get an answer from the credit department. REALLY, you've only been reviewing that account since 9/11 and you need another week. I bought a house in less time. My question is why is it taking so long. They have my paltry 750 tied up in a savings account and I've gotten 6 cents in interest since 2015. NOW imagine this is happening all over the US. I know it is, that wanted my two kids to do the same thing, to build their credit, how can I suggest they do this when we've been treated this way. Seriously it's not about the money, its about following through on your word. I'm waiting for them to deny me because then I will be ****ed. I'm smelling something rotten here and it's not the cheese.