Question

JookDo

Can I close my A-MONTH-OLD secured credit card?
It's little weird situation.

Last month, I applied for chase freedom with no credit karma history and denied.

Actually I had a car loan but didn't update the social security number on it, updated after denial.

And I applied for B of A secured credit card with $500 deposit, approved.

The problem is that, the car loan successfully updated and now I can see my credit

score 740 with credit karma..

So I applied for chase sapphire and approved with $5000 limit......

Now I want to get back my $500 deposit.

Can I close my secured credit card? or can i upgrade it to unsecured credit card without

hard inquiry? Will it affect to my credit score if I close ?

Yes you can Close your Secure Credit Card,  before you do ask them how long it will take to get your money back.  It does not come back as fast as they take it.

Most Secured credit Cards can not be upgraded to a unsecured Credit card.  That is another question for BoA when you are talking to them.  

And Yes you will take a hit on your Credit Score if/when you Close it.