Sign-up bonus credit cards offer a great way to earn rewards as soon as you become a card member. Most rewards cards let you start earning a percentage of cash back or a couple of airline miles for each dollar you spend. Sign-up bonus credit cards do the same, but also give you a big payout early on if you reach a spending threshold in the first few months.
These cards are great, if used wisely. Since many sign-up bonus credit cards come with a spending threshold in order for you to get the bonus, opening a new card can lead to an initial burst in spending. Unless you're prepared to pay off that new credit card balance quickly, it's best to wait to get one of these cards. Carrying a balance can quickly offset the sign-up bonus if you end up paying more in interest. Additionally, the best sign-up bonus credit card typically require excellent credit for approval, so check your approval odds on Credit Karma before you apply.
Recommended Just For You
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards™
- Earn 5,000 additional bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Automatically get a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all new points earned on purchases throughout the year - even points you have redeemed.
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to participating frequent travel programs at full value that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Excellent credit needed
- Annual Fee
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is one of the highest-rated airline and travel rewards credit cards available for high-spending, excellent credit consumers, and for good reason. Chase Sapphire Preferred is designed specifically for big spenders who want to earn maximum travel rewards, and offers double points for airfare booked through Chase’s Ultimate Rewards program. Cardholders also earn 1 point for every dollar spent on all purchases. Points are refreshingly unrestricted, with no limits, no expiration, and can be redeemed for travel, gift cards, merchandise, cash back, and more. A bonus feature to put jet setters and high rollers at ease is Chase’s premier travel and purchase protection benefits, including a dedicated 24/7 live service representatives who will assist cardholders with their needs.
This card offers no foreign transaction fees and $500 in travel rewards -- or 40,000 points -- after spending $3000 in your first three months. If you want an airline and travel rewards card to maximize rewards on your high-spending habits, Chase Sapphire Preferred is the first card you should consider to take with you anywhere.
Credit Score Approval Data †
|745||Average credit score approved for this card †||689||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|
- Get 25,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn Fast: 3X points for flights booked with airlines, 2X points at US gas stations and US supermarkets, 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- You can transfer points to over 20 frequent traveler programs or use points for gift cards at popular stores.
- Use your Card for retail, dining, travel or groceries, then go online and use points towards your eligible charges.
- As an added bonus, you can get 15,000 points after you spend $30,000 in purchases on the Card in one year.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply
- Earn 25,000 points after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months.
- No annual fee for the first year
- Need excellent credit
The American Express Premier Rewards Gold card is perfect for the excellent credit consumer in search of a charge card that offers both rewards and superior customer service.
Card members earn triple points on airfare, double points on gas at U.S. stand-alone gas stations as well as double points at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets. In addition to the rewards available on a variety of purchases, cardholders can also earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months.
The American Express Premier Rewards Gold card also offers high-end membership perks like travel accident insurance, roadside assistance, purchase protection, as well as entertainment benefits.
With no limit to the amount of points earned, and the flexibility to redeem points with a large selection of brands, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card is a well-rounded card that combines generous rewards with membership perks you can rely on.
Credit Score Approval Data †
|737||Average credit score approved for this card †||681||Lowest credit score approved for this card †|
Additional Sign-Up Credit Cards
- Starpoints® bonus: earn up to 25,000 bonus points: 10,000 after your first purchase and another 15,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Cardmembership
- That's enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 Hotel.
- Earn up to 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG hotels and resorts - that's 2 Starpoints for using the Card in addition to the Starpoints you earn as an SPG member. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- Free Hotel Nights: redeem Starpoints at over 1,100 hotels in nearly 100 countries worldwide - with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- Free Flights: redeem Starpoints on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights - with no blackout dates
- No limits on the number of Starpoints you can earn
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65
- Terms and Restrictions apply.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 or more on purchases in the first 90 days from account opening. 40,000 bonus miles equates to $400 off your next travel redemption!
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- No mileage caps or foreign transaction fees
- Get 10% miles back when you redeem for travel statement credits (i.e. redeem 25,000 miles for travel and get 2,500 miles back)
- Use your card to book through any airline, hotel or discount travel engine with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
- Easily redeem your miles for statement credits towards all or a portion of your travel purchases within the last 90 days
- Complimentary online FICO® Score access for Arrival cardmembers
- Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of cardmembership*
- Your first eligible checked bag is free*
- Group 1 boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases*
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount every cardmembership year with qualifying purchases and cardmembership renewal*
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year*