These credit cards offer bonuses once you reach a spending threshold over the first few months. With sign-up bonus credit cards, bonuses typically come in the form of cash back or other rewards. These rewards can encourage an initial burst in spending, so it's best to be prepared to pay off your balances right away so you don't end up with interest charges. These cards typically require excellent credit for approval. These are some of the most popular sign-up bonus credit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value – that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Excellent credit needed
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is one of the highest-rated airline and travel rewards credit cards available for high-spending, excellent credit consumers, and for good reason. Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is designed specifically for big spenders who want to earn maximum travel rewards, and offers double points for airfare booked through Chase’s Ultimate Rewards program. Cardholders also earn 1 point for every dollar spent on all purchases. Points are refreshingly unrestricted, with no limits, no expiration, and can be redeemed for travel, gift cards, merchandise, cash back, and more. A bonus feature to put jet setters and high rollers at ease is Chase’s premier travel and purchase protection benefits, including a dedicated 24/7 live service representatives who will assist cardholders with their needs.
This card offers no foreign transaction fees and $500 in travel rewards -- or 40,000 points -- after spending $4000 in your first three months. If you want an airline and travel rewards card to maximize rewards on your high-spending habits, Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is the first card you should consider to take with you anywhere.
Credit Score Approval Data ‡
|730||Average credit score approved for this card ‡||645||Typical Low credit score approved for this card ‡|
- Earn 25,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines, 2X points at US gas stations and US supermarkets, 1X points on other purchases.
- You can transfer points to over 20 frequent traveler programs or use points for gift cards at popular stores.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for the American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Earn 25,000 points after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months.
- No annual fee for the first year
- Need excellent credit
The American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card is perfect for the excellent credit consumer in search of a charge card that offers both rewards and superior customer service.
Card members earn triple points on airfare, double points on gas at U.S. stand-alone gas stations as well as double points at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets. In addition to the rewards available on a variety of purchases, cardholders can also earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months.
The American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card also offers high-end membership perks like travel accident insurance, roadside assistance, purchase protection, as well as entertainment benefits.
With no limit to the amount of points earned, and the flexibility to redeem points with a large selection of brands, the American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card is a well-rounded card that combines generous rewards with membership perks you can rely on.
Credit Score Approval Data ‡
|714||Average credit score approved for this card ‡||623||Typical Low credit score approved for this card ‡|
Additional Sign-Up Bonus Credit Cards
- Earn a $100 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99-22.99%
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases between 1/1/15–3/31/15 at grocery stores (not including Walmart® and Target® purchases), movie theaters, and Starbucks® stores
- You’ll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like restaurants, gas stations, and Amazon.com. It’s free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- No annual fee and rewards never expire as long as your account is open
Credit Score Approval Data ‡
|669||Average credit score approved for this card ‡||612||Typical Low credit score approved for this card ‡|
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† These Approval Odds represent Credit Karma’s estimation of how likely you are to be approved for a product based on a comparison of your profile with data about Credit Karma members who have been approved for the product in the past (if available). There is no guarantee that you will be approved by the lender or that credit will be extended to you.