These credit cards offer bonuses once you reach a spending threshold over the first few months. With sign-up bonus credit cards, bonuses typically come in the form of cash back or other rewards. These rewards can encourage an initial burst in spending, so it's best to be prepared to pay off your balances right away so you don't end up with interest charges. These cards typically require excellent credit for approval. These are some of the most popular sign-up bonus credit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value - that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel and shop with confidence with premium Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection and more
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Pros & Cons
- 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and restaurants
- 20% off on travel purchases made using points
- No foreign transaction fee
- Requires excellent credit
- Annual fee after the first year
- No intro APRs
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a travel rewards card aimed at excellent credit consumers.
What to Like
Cardholders get 2 points for every dollar spent on travel and restaurants, and 1 point for every other dollar spent on purchases. The Chase Ultimate Rewards program offers a 20% discount on travel purchases made using points. The card also has no foreign transaction fee and offers a 50,000 point bonus if you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months.
What to Look For
After the first year, there’s a $95 annual fee. There’s no intro APR for purchases or balance transfers.
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you're traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- With The Hotel Collection, you can get up to a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade at check-in if it’s available, when you book a stay of at least two consecutive nights.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Pros & Cons
- 3x points on flights and 2x points at gas stations and supermarkets
- No annual fee for the first year
- No pre-set spending limit
- $195 annual fee after the first year
- Need good to excellent credit
The Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express is a charge card with great rewards that’s aimed at good-to-excellent credit consumers.
What to Like
There are plenty of ways to earn rewards with this card. You can earn 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines, 2x points at eligible gas stations, restaurants, and supermarkets and 1x points on other eligible purchases. There’s also a rewards bonus if you meet minimum spending requirements, no annual fee for the first year and no pre-set spending limit.
Look Out For
This is a charge card, meaning you’re required to pay your balance in full each month. There’s also a $195 annual fee after your first year and no pre-set spending limit doesn’t mean unlimited spending.
Additional Sign-Up Bonus Credit Cards
- Earn 15,000 Membership Reward® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- Earn 50% more points: Make 30 or more purchases with your Card in a billing period and get 50% extra points on those purchases less returns and credits. Terms and limitations apply.
- 3x points at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 2x points at US gas stations; 1x points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- You can use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points to pay for all or part of your flight, hotel booked and paid in advance, vacation or cruise booking through amextravel.com.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 12.99% to 21.99%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Visit our credit card partner’s site in order to learn more and securely apply for The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3 - month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99-22.99%
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like Gas Stations, Restaurants, and Select Grocery Stores
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it’s automatic
- Cash Back rewards never expire as long as your account is open
- No annual fee
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† We look at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there’s no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.