Great for frequent Southwest flyers††

$99

4.2
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Apr 30 2012

CK 697 - Was approved instantly for Southwest Premier Visa Signature $15.5k @ 15.24%. Received the card in about 4 days. I applied when there was only 1 free flight offered, however, by the time i received the card the offer was for 50k points (2 free flights). I emailed customer service after receiving the card asking if they could give me the 25k points on top of the 25k points i received to match the current offer. Their reply was that they would be glad to do it as it would just be good business. I was impressed. Shortly after getting the card my wife and I decided to use the free flights for our anniversary trip, but i found out that it takes Chase up to 2 billing cycles to credit the points and up to 30 days for Southwest to credit those points to your rapid rewards account. Once again i logged into my chase account and sent a "secure message" to Chase asking if I could have the points sooner. Next day i had an email back saying that they would be glad to credit my points sooner, by the end of next business day i had my points in my Southwest account. I've been very impressed with the general service. Customer service number on the back of the card, an actual person picked up when i called. That was something i've never had with any other card. The 50k points was actually more than enough for two tickets for us. We only spent 35k points on two tickets from RI to FL and back with enough points left over for a 3rd ticket for some other time :)

Jul 09 2018
Don't believe promo offer

Don't be fooled. You may see that there is a promotion offering 40,000 or 50,000 points for signing up and spending 1 or 2k in the first three months. Instead, you will receive 10,000 points. If you try to message them or call them to recieve the missing points, they will tell you that at the time you signed up they were only offering a 10,000 point bonus, EVEN THOUGH IT CLEARLY STATED 50,000 points! Your complaints will fall on deaf ears, and your concerns brushed aside. This is a scheme to make it seem like a much better deal than it actually is. I enjoyed other aspects of owning this card, but I just can't recommend this to anyone knowing how dishonest Southwest and Chase are being with these promo offers.

Feb 21 2020
Card Earns Me Companion Pass

I travel a lot for work and use this card to build points to get a free companion pass on SWA. Pretty happy with it. Limit is to osmall though.

Jan 06 2020
Love my Southwest Visa

The biggest perk is the bonus miles! You can acctually regularly double miles for online shopping. If you shop through the southwest airlines shopping portal you will get points there and on the card! For the negative reviews about lowering your credit limit or canceling the card after issuing; all credit card companies review your credit at the very least every 6months. If they see something that appears you wont be paying them or that you may max your credit they will lower your limit or cut you off because you look like a credit risk now.

Nov 27 2019
First Few Years Good, Then Worthless

I loved this card when I first got it. Was pre-approved, had great sign on bonuses, and no international transaction fees. You recieve large annual point bonuses your first two years. However, for a long-term credit card I regert it. My points go nowhere today. Both because they're hard to earn without those initial annual bonuses and because flights just cost more points today. Wish I had gone with a different travel card, one without the annual fee and not tied to a single airline.

Nov 01 2019

Weird ck said fair approval odds and I applied directly thru them since I use southwest rewards. Also paid off a chase auto loan years ago. Ck score was a 660. Gave me a 9500 cl to start out. Definitely recommend. Hope yo build my relationship and rewards with this card.

Sep 03 2019
Pain in the butt

One of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had. After being told I would receive a $200 credit statement and $3,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in my first 3 months. I called the customer service today to figure out why my card still wasn't here and come to find out I only get $100 statement credit. Talk to a manager and they kept repeating that there was nothing they could do after their customer service agent lied to me. Was their fault and they did nothing to even fix it. They obviously don't care about their clients concerns or the fact that their customer service agents are in the wrong. Plus the fact that a glitch happened and I couldn't use my card because I didn't have any of the information for it and no one could provide it for me it was like one crappy experience after another. And again they did nothing to compensate for all the problems I had or even try to help me out with anything. Honestly it's bull**** to me after working in a customer service industry before. So fair warning to anyone who tries to apply for this card. It's a shame that they can't care for their clients more after they already spend money with the company for years. Shame on them. If I could give less than 1 star I would

Jun 18 2019
Don???t believe the hype

I wanted this card for a long time. I worked hard to get my credit in the good-excellent range. While I did get the initial 60k miles for signing up, and I do get miles for actual flights, to date no miles or 'points' have been awarded for any other purchases. I'll be filing this card away for a rainy day. Disappointed.

May 26 2019
Not as promised for miles

Do not expect to get anywhere with Chase or Southwest. They blame one another for the point situation. My daughter and myself are very unhappy! Looking for a different card for my flight miles

Apr 11 2019
Scam

As o

Apr 06 2019
Excellent for travel!

I got this card with the offer of a companion pass and 30,000 points when you spend 4k in 3 months. I did that and IMMEDIATELY received both perks. I've also traveled to Mexico and Honduras with this card and had 0 issues using it. So far I'm happy! Look at all the negative reviews.. People angry that they didn't pay their bill and blown away that there were consequences..?

Mar 30 2019
EXCELLENT CARD

I saw a very good approval and applied. I was approved for. $17K. SO FAR SO GOOD

Great for frequent Southwest flyers††