Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card Reviews

• Balance Transfer Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable

Sep 13, 2017
Relationships matters!

I use SW as my preferred airline and have a rapid reward account. I just came back from a trip and saw the 60K bonus. I checked Chase's prequel site and didn't get any offers. Knowing if I app, I would be on the edge of Chase's 5/24 rule. In my emails, there was a rapids reward email from my recent trip. I clicked on that and applied, approved with my highest SL to date! Called to Chase the next day to verify that the app had indeed gone through. The rep helped me set up on line access and I should have my card this week. If you are a RR member, use the offer link in their emails.

Aug 29, 2017
Best Airline Card

Southwest flies everywhere in the continental U.S. and the fairs are very affordable. When you get the card they offer a 50,000 mile signing bonus which can be used for 5 or 6 round trip flights (if you choose cheap ones). I have a checking account with Chase as well so I can go online (same web page) and see all transactions and pay my bill by transfering money directly from my checking to credit acount. Best card I've ever had. I don't even use my high interest cards anymore.

Jul 23, 2017
Excellent Sign-On Bonus
Anonymous Cardholder

I was approved for this card with a 686 FICO score. They pulled Experian. At the time of application, I was utilizing 57% of available credit.

The sign-up bonus of 40,000 points was granted after only $1,000 of spend on the same day that the first statement posted. The bonus was enough for a round-trip "Wanna Get Away" direct flight to Cancun, MX with about 5,000 in points left over.

The customer service is great and problem resolution is prompt. Point redemption is relatively quick. There's no annual fee. The biggest trade off between this and the Premier version of the card are 3,000 annual anniversary points versus 6,000 annual anniversary points and foreign transactions fees on the Plus versus the Premier.

Also, with heavy usage and payment in full each month, I received an auto-credit line (I didn't request this so no hard-pull) increase with the third statement posting.

At the time of approval, a paid collection was reporting along with 1 late paid student loan from 3-years ago.

Hopefully, this is helpful.

Nov 12, 2017

There IS a $69.00 annual fee; incase you didn't know. Lol

Jun 26, 2017
Good card
Mns38 Cardholder

I was approved for $12k limit with a 740 Fico score and $53k yearly income.

Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card