Great for saving on Southwest flights††

$69

4.1

All reviews

Feb 05, 2020

There is a $99/year annual fee. When purchasing a flight, the actual mileage applied in points vs. dollars is really low and doesn't save you a great deal of money. If you take out a cash advance, you are billed at a daily APR, as well as regular APR -- so, if not paying it off almost immediately, your bill could get quite exhorbitant. The annual APR is very high; less with other cards I have. I just obtained another credit card, and am paying off my balance on this card completely. It isn't what it was cracked up to be; disappointed me. Also, I had the card for a couple of years; never missed a payment; always paid on time; yet when I asked for a credit limit increase on 2 separate occasions - well over 6 months apart, I was denied!! No reason given!

May 26, 2019
I???m excited to be approved!

I've been looking at this card for a couple months, and finally applied. I got approved with a 680ish CK score for $4000. We love to travel, and this is our first travel rewards card.

Apr 04, 2019
Be wary of approval odds

I am currently said to have "excellent" approval odds if I apply for this card. I got turned down last month at 670 and have a hard inquiry on two of the credit bureaus. Score went down a few points. Be wary with the recommendations.

Mar 25, 2019
Alright

Mar 25, 2019
Great Rewards Card

I applied for this card with great approval odds. My credit score was high 600's I was instantly approved for a few thousand. I purchased flights for 5 a

Oct 23, 2018
Best card I???ve ever owned !!

If you like free weekend getaways, apply for this card !!

Sep 26, 2018
Was dinged when I applied....

Last October, after I was approved for the CSP, Chase had a promo for this card. New California card holders would get the SW companion pass upon approval. I applied and was denied. I contacted the review department and asked them to move $2k of the credit limit on the CSP to the SW Plus card and they obliged. This has been my SW travel card for a year and it is well worth keeping for me.

Jul 31, 2018
Awful... unfair !!!!!

They dont clearly put in the immediate fine print that when you are spending the 2000 dollars to get 50,000 points for southwest airlines that it does not INCLUDE the annual fee they charged your card first!!! So you think you spent the 2000 but you havent! And when I spoke to someone regarding this it was never mentioned!!!! Customer service told me to wait another month to see it on my card! Liars and unfair poor representation!!!! I would not recommend this card to anyone

Jun 14, 2018
Great card

I have a total of five Chase cards. Two have no interest for 15 months - which can be good if you ever carry a balance. This one has a very nice introductory of 40,000 airline points after spending only a thousand dollars within 3 months. It was easy to get. My credit score was only like 723 when I got this and I got a fairly generous limit. I'll be using my airline miles very soon. I don't have anything negative to say about any of the Chase cards.

Jun 06, 2018
Perfect so far.

I applied via a Southwest Airlines link. Instantly approved for 13.6k. CK SCORE 741Trans/740Equi.I Called because i made an error in my mailing address, and they overnight shipped my card. I applied Tuesday and I will have the card Thursday. Very Satisfied.

Great for saving on Southwest flights††