1.3

Jan 09, 2013
ONE OF THE BEST CARDS ON THE MARKET

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME AND THEY WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO HELP YOU....GAVE ME A FIVE FIGURE CREDIT LINE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX AND GETTING A RAISE IN ABOUT THREE MORE MONTHS.......WHY? BECAUSE I PAY MORE THAN THEY ASK FOR AND MY PAYMENTS ARE TWICE A MONTH........GET THE PICTURE?

Apr 14, 2020
Worse customer service ever

Impossible to get any customer service support to dispute a charge by phone, chat or email.

May 09, 2022
it sucks

I have 3 cards, Citi arbitrarily lowered all three card limits to my current balances AFTER I made large payments towards each. Half my revolving debt is with Citi, my score is heading for the toilet with never being late. Can I do less than 1 star?

Apr 28, 2022
Do NOT recommend

Citi is a nightmare! I’ve had the same card for over 3 years and have never once received a credit limit increase. Upon calling customer service they are rude and condescending. Needless to say I cancelled it this evening and shocker, you can do that over an automated system because clearly they could care less about losing good customers! Go with discover they are amazing!

Apr 13, 2022
Worst Customer Experience

Citi closed my credit card account on 4/4 with no warning at all, due to "inactivity." Account was open for 10 years with $4,600 credit limit and used infrequently over the last few years. Regardless of the frequency of use, they should have still given warning if they're closing an account. I called to have them reopen the account since I had a need to use this card in the next few months, as part of my credit card strategy. They say it can't be reopened without a hard pull, which showed up on my credit report. I'm closing on a mortgage next week and I can't close on the loan unless I provide an account number and terms for the "new" card, which is just the old card re-opened. I called customer service asking them to provide any kind of document or email with this information so I can provide it to my lender. 45 minutes talking to both a rep and supervisor, and they said they couldn't provide this information to me any sooner than the request to reopen would take. Utterly unhelpful for a situation that they put me in. Closing on a mortgage or not, it's a no doubt a frustrating experience to put a loyal customer through. I still value the card, but just beware of the terrible customer experience Citi puts you through.

Apr 10, 2022
don't expect to get a lot

Very disappointed in Citibank Credit Card. I applied and have perfect credit and my debt to income is low. They gave me such a low balance which was a slap in the face. Don't bother applying with this company. There are other CC that will give you the balance you deserve and need!

Jan 13, 2022
HORRIBLE!!!

Impossible to get a real person on the phone, have to go thru MANY prompts. When you finally do get a real person, they transfer you to some foreign land with someone who speaks terrible English and has a muffled phone. Worst credit card in the world. I will never us my Best Buy credit card again and will cut it up NOW!

Dec 11, 2021
Disappointed

I had Citi Bank Double Dash card for 6 yrs. I've never missed a pymt or went over my credit limit. I'm disappointed they closed my account once my card expired in Nov. Reason, I was told they don't have to have one. I was told the system decided to close the account. I asked to speak with a manager, and the offshore representative put a supervisor on the phone who was rude, cocky and just not helpful. I guess this card penalize good card holders who pay on time, because I'm still baffled.

Oct 10, 2021
Lower credit limit for no reason

I have had this card for 2 years. I just made a big payment but received a letter that my credit limit was lowered. I have never been late on any payment. Due to them lowering my limit my credit score took a big hit.

Aug 21, 2021
Really slow service and customer service reps lack

Really slow service and customer service reps lack empathy.

Aug 15, 2021
Poor

While on the phone to speak to a manager, they closed my account. The service person had to refer me to his manager because it was above his approval on a request and the manager never took the call - just closed the account. The representative appologized for the decision made out of his control.

Feb 06, 2021
Four Citi Cards

I had a credit limit over $110,000 and had to use near $35,000 due to health and other problems. Citi lower my credit limits in my four Citi Cards by thousands of dollars. My credit score is now down to 630 from 780 mostly as a result of Citi's reductions. None of my credit cards has been late or in default to merit such a draconian reduction in my credit and score. It is criminal!