1.3

Jan 09, 2013
ONE OF THE BEST CARDS ON THE MARKET

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME AND THEY WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO HELP YOU....GAVE ME A FIVE FIGURE CREDIT LINE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX AND GETTING A RAISE IN ABOUT THREE MORE MONTHS.......WHY? BECAUSE I PAY MORE THAN THEY ASK FOR AND MY PAYMENTS ARE TWICE A MONTH........GET THE PICTURE?

Apr 14, 2020
Worse customer service ever

Impossible to get any customer service support to dispute a charge by phone, chat or email.

Sep 19, 2022
Worst mistake ever

Got a secure card back in August 2020 while I was in college and trying to re-establish/improve my credit. After hardly ever using the card, always paying off the balance, and being timely, I have received two letters stating that my account needs to still he secure and that it will be reevaluated in another 12 months. Now I’m stuck with this card because if I close out the account that’ll affect my overall credit help. If you want a company that will reward good credit practices, then your best bets are with Discover. They have good rates, they switched me to an unsecured account after just 6 months! Their customer service is 10/10. Reevaluations for credit limit increase do not take 12 months. Do not get Citi, you’ll lessen to regret it

Sep 08, 2022
blindsided

my account was closed out of nowhere with no good reason. I had made payments on time and it was in good standing. when I finally got someone on the phone all they could say was "maybe we checked your credit again". but once it was closed I still had to make my payments on time and it didn't reflect only credit. only shows as closed account. don't get it

Aug 24, 2022
garbage from every aspect

Stay away from this bank at all cost. There's nothing good there. When you try to do multiple transactions, they will block your account automatically. Their customer service is unprofessional, rude and useless. The environment is very poor and you can often hear much noise like someone else's chatting over the phone. You ask them to do something and they tell you it's done, while it turns out nothing has been done later. When you try to dispute, 95% time the page says currently unavailable. I'm closing everything I got with them.

Aug 16, 2022
Bad customer service

They repeatedly charge me late fees and triple my minimum payment when my payments arrive on time. A postal delay delivered mail late, after speaking with citi they waived my late fee, told me to make the minimum payment and all was resolved. Wrong. After speaking to them again about this, my only choice was to pay the 257 minimum payment. Customer service is not on the same page and the representatives have no idea what they are doing. Costly and unhelpful.

Aug 03, 2022
Nonstop problems

Never know if the card is suddenly going to be locked and I have to call in to get the hold taken off. They won't verify identity over the phone so any time there is the slightest issue, you have to wait a week for a letter in the mail before you can use the card again. Big problem when you are out if town and needing to authorize a purchase. I've never had such terrible customer service. I also have cards from Capitol One and Wells Fargo and they are soooo easy to work with, always available, etc. I will bever use Citi for any service again. Even when I can get a hold of someone I spend half the time trying to get them to understand what I need.

Jul 06, 2022
I would give it 0 if I could

I would give it 0 if I could, they cancelled your card without no notification but they claimed they did. But they also never send you text messages or emails to notify you. The first time I called regarding the ThankYou Points after the account was closed, it was within 60 days, but that staff said there was no way to transfer my points. Today I called again because I wanted to apply for a new credit card and wanted to see if that could be a way to get back my points and guess what I found out? The lady told me that my points could be transferred within 60 days my account was closed but now they can't do that for me anymore because it was long time ago! Who is responsible for my loss? not them they said! Who would ever want to own citibank's credit card? Not me!!! Chase and Amex are wayyyyyyyy better!!!!

May 09, 2022
it sucks

I have 3 cards, Citi arbitrarily lowered all three card limits to my current balances AFTER I made large payments towards each. Half my revolving debt is with Citi, my score is heading for the toilet with never being late. Can I do less than 1 star?

Apr 28, 2022
Do NOT recommend

Citi is a nightmare! I’ve had the same card for over 3 years and have never once received a credit limit increase. Upon calling customer service they are rude and condescending. Needless to say I cancelled it this evening and shocker, you can do that over an automated system because clearly they could care less about losing good customers! Go with discover they are amazing!

Apr 13, 2022
Worst Customer Experience

Citi closed my credit card account on 4/4 with no warning at all, due to "inactivity." Account was open for 10 years with $4,600 credit limit and used infrequently over the last few years. Regardless of the frequency of use, they should have still given warning if they're closing an account. I called to have them reopen the account since I had a need to use this card in the next few months, as part of my credit card strategy. They say it can't be reopened without a hard pull, which showed up on my credit report. I'm closing on a mortgage next week and I can't close on the loan unless I provide an account number and terms for the "new" card, which is just the old card re-opened. I called customer service asking them to provide any kind of document or email with this information so I can provide it to my lender. 45 minutes talking to both a rep and supervisor, and they said they couldn't provide this information to me any sooner than the request to reopen would take. Utterly unhelpful for a situation that they put me in. Closing on a mortgage or not, it's a no doubt a frustrating experience to put a loyal customer through. I still value the card, but just beware of the terrible customer experience Citi puts you through.

Apr 10, 2022
don't expect to get a lot

Very disappointed in Citibank Credit Card. I applied and have perfect credit and my debt to income is low. They gave me such a low balance which was a slap in the face. Don't bother applying with this company. There are other CC that will give you the balance you deserve and need!