1.3

Jan 09, 2013
ONE OF THE BEST CARDS ON THE MARKET

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME AND THEY WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO HELP YOU....GAVE ME A FIVE FIGURE CREDIT LINE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX AND GETTING A RAISE IN ABOUT THREE MORE MONTHS.......WHY? BECAUSE I PAY MORE THAN THEY ASK FOR AND MY PAYMENTS ARE TWICE A MONTH........GET THE PICTURE?

Feb 06, 2021
Four Citi Cards

I had a credit limit over $110,000 and had to use near $35,000 due to health and other problems. Citi lower my credit limits in my four Citi Cards by thousands of dollars. My credit score is now down to 630 from 780 mostly as a result of Citi's reductions. None of my credit cards has been late or in default to merit such a draconian reduction in my credit and score. It is criminal!

Application process
Customer service

Dec 22, 2022
Watste my time and calls on Citi Credit Card

Activated Citi Rewards+ card. Able to use it. When I tried to add it to Apply Pay at a coffee shop I had to abort as I needed to go. I could not get back to it later. Upon calling Citi bank, their verficaiton system required a 2nd line or Citi checkking/savings account (which I don't have). I gave them 4 other phone lines to use (my 2nd line on my phone, my son's line, google voice) the agents (all with hardt to undersatnd English) said all cannot be used. Now I need to wait for a physical letter to arrive to reactive the card. No other banks gave me this kind of hassle. BE AWARE.

Nov 18, 2022
Tractor Supply

Had a Tractor Supply card through Citi, needed up in the hospital even after paying them off , they still wrecked credit and wouldn’t help at all

Nov 17, 2022
Don't Get a Citi Card

I am a customer that has never missed payment or been late. I called in Sept to see if i can change my due date by one week 7th vs 14th. I have been told that due to the billing cycle they can't at that time but to call at the beginning of Oct. I called Oct and they put a request in to the appropriate dept. Told me to call Nov 1st. I called Nov 1 and was told they still can't change it. Then after still speaking with that same rep he said he could. He said my next due date would be due Dec. I confirmed 4 times with this rep so my Nov payment isn't due. He said no, due to the date change it skips a cycle. I believed this because my Discover card did skip a payment. I asked the rep when will this info reflect on my acct and he said Nov 16. So now i am online looking at my account only to find i owe two payments (as if i have skipped a payment). I only skipped it because the rep swore that i could. I call to resolve this and the best they can do is say pay my normal 154 and they can make payment arrangements on the other 208. Uhm, I don't need yet another bill and i already pay my minimum due. Why should i have to pay payments, its not my fault. I spoke to collections, customer service who i told i didn't want payments i wanted it fixed, then another dept for payment arrangements which i said i didn't want and she sent me back to customer service. The 4th transfer he says he can't hear me but yet responds correctly to what i say. I just hugn up at this point. I will find a card to transfer my balance to. This company does not care about its customers, apologies every second after they speak over you and not willing to work with people. Id advise you to RUN...don't get this card.

Oct 17, 2022
Citi Premier Card - worst nightmare!

I just signed up for the Citi Premier credit card. I've gotten the card in the mail and activated it promptly as you would with any other credit card. However, for some reason, I am unable to add it to my apple wallet. When I call Citibank to troubleshoot the issue, they tell me that the card is not activated and that they need to send me a code, and ask for my phone number. I give them my phone number and they tell me that they can't use it. No idea why they can't use it. So then I give them my husband's number, and same thing, can't use it. Then I try my fathers number, can't use it. Then they want a fix line, so I go to my husband's work and call them again, give them the number, and, yes, you guessed it, they can't use it! They tell me it has to be a number associated with my account, which my cell phone is, but we've already established that they can't use it. Then she wants my work phone number, but yes we all know by now that that didn't work either. So now they're sending me a letter in the mail that contains some kind of secret information that I will need to give them when I call for the 3rd time, not to mention that it takes 10 days to get the letter and I've now had this stupid card for 2 weeks and I still can't use it! What kind of a joke is this? I've NEVER had to deal with anything this ridiculous. This is ridiculous!!!

Sep 19, 2022
Worst mistake ever

Got a secure card back in August 2020 while I was in college and trying to re-establish/improve my credit. After hardly ever using the card, always paying off the balance, and being timely, I have received two letters stating that my account needs to still he secure and that it will be reevaluated in another 12 months. Now I’m stuck with this card because if I close out the account that’ll affect my overall credit help. If you want a company that will reward good credit practices, then your best bets are with Discover. They have good rates, they switched me to an unsecured account after just 6 months! Their customer service is 10/10. Reevaluations for credit limit increase do not take 12 months. Do not get Citi, you’ll lessen to regret it

Sep 08, 2022
blindsided

my account was closed out of nowhere with no good reason. I had made payments on time and it was in good standing. when I finally got someone on the phone all they could say was "maybe we checked your credit again". but once it was closed I still had to make my payments on time and it didn't reflect only credit. only shows as closed account. don't get it

Aug 24, 2022
garbage from every aspect

Stay away from this bank at all cost. There's nothing good there. When you try to do multiple transactions, they will block your account automatically. Their customer service is unprofessional, rude and useless. The environment is very poor and you can often hear much noise like someone else's chatting over the phone. You ask them to do something and they tell you it's done, while it turns out nothing has been done later. When you try to dispute, 95% time the page says currently unavailable. I'm closing everything I got with them.

Aug 16, 2022
Bad customer service

They repeatedly charge me late fees and triple my minimum payment when my payments arrive on time. A postal delay delivered mail late, after speaking with citi they waived my late fee, told me to make the minimum payment and all was resolved. Wrong. After speaking to them again about this, my only choice was to pay the 257 minimum payment. Customer service is not on the same page and the representatives have no idea what they are doing. Costly and unhelpful.

Aug 03, 2022
Nonstop problems

Never know if the card is suddenly going to be locked and I have to call in to get the hold taken off. They won't verify identity over the phone so any time there is the slightest issue, you have to wait a week for a letter in the mail before you can use the card again. Big problem when you are out if town and needing to authorize a purchase. I've never had such terrible customer service. I also have cards from Capitol One and Wells Fargo and they are soooo easy to work with, always available, etc. I will bever use Citi for any service again. Even when I can get a hold of someone I spend half the time trying to get them to understand what I need.

Jul 06, 2022
I would give it 0 if I could

I would give it 0 if I could, they cancelled your card without no notification but they claimed they did. But they also never send you text messages or emails to notify you. The first time I called regarding the ThankYou Points after the account was closed, it was within 60 days, but that staff said there was no way to transfer my points. Today I called again because I wanted to apply for a new credit card and wanted to see if that could be a way to get back my points and guess what I found out? The lady told me that my points could be transferred within 60 days my account was closed but now they can't do that for me anymore because it was long time ago! Who is responsible for my loss? not them they said! Who would ever want to own citibank's credit card? Not me!!! Chase and Amex are wayyyyyyyy better!!!!