Credit Card Reviews

Chevron and Texaco Credit Card

Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 749
Data Created: October 01, 2013

22 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 22Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

Approved! Helpful to 4 out of 5 people

Applied today. Instant approval for the Chevron/Texaco Visa Card. $2,500 CL. My biggest credit limit so far!

Tommitomio's review was:

Feb 04, 2013 Reply

Tommitomio(19, 83)

Review by Tommitomio

Top Contributor

Chevron gasoline is the best you can buy. It is used by the big 3 US automakers to test their vehicles for long term EPA and mpg testing. Consider that there are no Chevron stations anywhere near Michigan, and that the gasoline is shipped to the big 3 all the way from Pascagoula, Mississippi. What makes Chevron gasoline better is the detergent, Techron. It will keep your engine cleaner than any other brand, and that means you get the best mileage possible.

The credit card is ok, actually run by GE.

tharry8's review was:

May 13, 2012 Reply

tharry8(5, 15)

Review by tharry8

I was recently approved for a $400 credit limit . My credit scores are in the mid 600's. I too have few GEMB cards. This company is great for people who are re- building their credit.

king29550's review was:

Aug 20, 2012 Reply

king29550(3, 27)

Review by king29550

easy to get but got suckered Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I applied for the chevron texaco Visa but instead got the gas card only. Feels like a bait and switch to me. Was very easy to get though!!!

antar514's review was:

Jun 11, 2013 Reply

antar514(1, 1)

Review by antar514

Not a bait and switch. The application clearly states you will be approved for either card based on credit worthiness. When I first applied for their gas card I was approved for the regular gas card. One year later I called them to inquire about upgrading to their visa. The processed the app and approved me for a $1200 limit. They also told me I could keep the regular gas card and use that credit line as well. I carry and use both cards. One more than the other. They are very generous about giving credit limit increases.

psychicmike's reply was:

Jun 12, 2013

psychicmike(27, 247)

Review by psychicmike

Top Contributor

Got approved with a 649 CK. The card has a high interest rate 26.99%, but most gas cards dont have good interest rates. Make sure you pay your balance off in full every month.

Aug 23, 2012 Reply

I applied for this card in april 2010.  I received a credit limit of $700 initially. In October 2010 I went into my account and they offerred to increase my limit to $950!  I do have many other cards that are issued under GEMB. This might be why they always give me decent increases on all cards across the board.  I got it for the convenience and the gas fuel credits for 1 year. It deducts the credits off the bill each month from the balance. I believe its 10cents off per gallon. In my overall opinion its a great gas card! I just try to keep the balance no more than $200 on it at a time. The interest rate is 26.99% no annual fee.

psychicmike's review was:

Nov 30, 2010 Reply

psychicmike(27, 247)

Review by psychicmike

Top Contributor

Well, a little-known secret with GEMB is that they routinely increase credit limits every 4 months.  Most of their websites have the Credit Limit Increase link, but if not, a quick call to their number will more likely produce an instant increase every 4th month.

JayRizzo's reply was:

Jan 15, 2011

JayRizzo(210, 302)

Review by JayRizzo

Top Contributor

My Favorite gas station and approved right away with a score of 650... :-) yay me... I will be building credit even faster now... I needed this card do to the purchase of my new BMW 5 series.. thats sucker eats gas like it's cake... I am happy. I will report back with the balance.

Leesa702's review was:

Nov 19, 2011 Reply

Leesa702(7, 5)

Review by Leesa702

I surely understand that, I recently bought a 745Li and it drinks lots of gas!  like $100 a week.  I will see if I can get a card.

MsRDH1966's reply was:

Nov 06, 2012

MsRDH1966(3, 5)

Review by MsRDH1966

Just wondering does they allow upgrade this card to Visa ?

KTDale310's review was:

Aug 04, 2011 Reply

KTDale310(5, 2)

Review by KTDale310

Approved!

Applied with a Transunion credit score of 690 and was instantly approved for the Visa with a $1500 credit limit along with $300 cash advance limit!

Preferences

alt

Preferences

Mar 31, 2014 Reply
Bad billing practices.

I recently received a Chevron/Texaco card.  I buy about $800 worth of gasoline a month.  I used the card a few times and was suprised to find a payement was due within a few weeks of getting the card. I had not received a statement, I discovered this by logging on to my account online. I made the payment on the due date as a push from my bank account.  Chevron dinged me with a $25.00 late fee.  I had not even had the card a month and had a payment due and was charged a late fee.  They explained they have no grace period, if your payment is not recieved before the due date you are assessed a late fee.  Seems like a shady way of doing business.  I cancelled my account.

Jan 13, 2014 Reply
Results 1-10 of 22Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Chevron and Texaco Credit Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (22)

The Chevron and Texaco Credit Card is issued by GE Money Bank (GEMB) for use at Chevron and Texaco gas stations. Cardmember benefits can include 24/7 ATM cash access with the Cirrus symbol, and other special offers. The Chevron Premium Card Membership is an credit upgrade available to eligible cardholders, and comes with additional fees.

Chevron's earliest roots goes back to 1879 under the Pacific Coast Oil Co. in Los Angeles, California. Texaco’s establishment is traced back to 1901 under the Texas Fuel Company in Beaumont, Texas. Together, Chevron and Texaco merged in 2001 to help “strengthen Chevron’s position as the energy industry leader” of the world. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, Chevron is an integrated energy company best known for its crude oil and natural energy products.

Chevron and Texaco Credit Card