Question

lessonlearner

should I close my secured Credit Cards being that I have several unsecured ones

Most Helpful Response

I might if they specify they are secured on your credit report and you have others around the same age you are keeping open.  (wont matter for instant approvals but I can't imagine it looks good on a manual approval by a credit analyst) .  the thing is though they are gonna remain on your report for 10 years anyway as a closed account anyway.  Id dump them if they have a fee or you want your deposit back...especially if your unsecured cards are a much higher limit then the old secure ones.

Only if they have any fee to keep them open.  Otherwise, you will take a major hit on your credit score because of losing whatever amount of credit is allotted to those cards.  Never want to reduce your available credit.