Question

Ihatecredit101

No credit cards 6 years, Low score now No score listed Thin File.got a new $200 secured card Help !
had a 541 score...I disputed an old Verizon Bill for $581. on a closed acct and now I'm listed as having a thin file...I just received a $200. secured credit card...what else can I do to build my credit quickly...

Now it is time to learn how credit works and how to build your score.  I used to hate credit, too, since former husband continually got us into such debt!  Was thinking a cash only basis was the right way to go until after joining Credit Karma and learning how to play the credit game.  I now have several credit cards that either have a $0 balance or get paid in full every month.  Two years ago, I bought a new car and that is a FIRST for me!  The articles and financial tools here help you learn how to play the game and how to build your score, and these skills will really be to your benefit once you learn.  I have degrees in accounting and business and learned more about credit here than from college and my score is very good now.  Yours could be too.