Question

REGALBRICK

I APPLIED FOR A CAPITAL ONE SECURED CREDIT CARD AND WAS DENIED..WHO ELSE CAN YOU RECOMMEND I TRY
I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHO WILL DEFINITELY HELP ME GET A SECURED CREDIT CARD...i AM TRYING TO REBUILD MY CREDIT

Most Helpful Response

Try Creditone.com    .. there are some annual fees but it will help build credit.

You will get approved for Fingerhut, which is a shopping magazine. after you pay your balance off the first time (they give you a set "fresh-Start" credit line) then they will give you revolving credit to help show regular and on time payments which is what creditors look for.

I know this is old But......

Please dont use credit one i fell on hard times as we all have and they will call and call and call even after my payment was made and i payed more than my minimum payment.

they are sooooo freaking annoying yes i was late and fixed the issue but they are so rude and dont speak good english i cant wait till i pay it off.

A no go with your money and fees?

So they're holding on to your money to guarantee the card, if you don't make the payments they just take it from your deposit, and they still deny an application? Was it recommended by this site, and did you get a notice telling you that you were denied because your 'score' was much lower than the one shown on here? That's why I'm not doing anything. Credit score, FICO score, are all useless. When I apply I always get denied with my 'good credit rating' coming back as 150 points lower placing me in the bad risk category. No one uses FICO scores to determine credit risks anymore. There is no room for appeal, no one to talk to, to asking why? Of course, applying for credit it the first place just lowers your score and makes those appear desparate. Two people can do the exact same thing and have totally different outcomes. I wonder if there is a percentage system in place that grants so many cards to certain income levels during a given period and then cuts off everyone after that.

My credit score is 640 and i was refused by first premier and capital one and i have a capital one car note!! lol thats funny. 

Dove143

Enter Your Repthats funny because I got approved for capital one secure then when I went to deposit it denied me

There is no DEFINITE in getting a credit card, despite recommendation.  The recommendation is based solely on the information CK has, which is from Transunion.  There are two other credit reporting bureaus, and the information they have is different from what TU has.  Then there are other factors such as employment and  earnings that come into play.

Look under credit cards tab on this site and check out all the secured cards that are available.  You may also want to check with your local bank(s) and credit union(s) to see what they may offer.  Somewhere you may be able to find a secured credit card available to you.