Question

Sareuh

How do I connect my TJX Rewards Credit Card account to my Credit Karma account?
It shows that I have a card but does not give the option to select and connect the account with the correct lender (it shows the lender but does not have the TJX Rewards as an option). Also, it shows my balance as $418 when it's actually $641; how do I get the correct number and sync the accounts?

Most Helpful Response

Some Creditors don't allow it

Some credit card companies do not allow third party access to thier accounts.  Its a extra messure of security they have chosen to pertect your iformation.  By connecting your account you give CK access to the information so you will get up to date info.  By not linking the account, the info on Credit Karma will update only when your lender next reports activity on your account. Generally once a month.   

If you pay off a ballance they may not always report that payment for a couple of months, They have to pay for each item they report, so if you don't owe them they some times don't report it.  If you pay off a large amount, it seems that they sometimes take revenge by not reporting the Zero Balance. I had $1500. showing on once on a new account after I had done a balance transfer to a new 0% card. The new card reported the transfer but the original creditor did not. So it was reporting on my credit report twice, greatly increasing my utilization.  That card did not update again until I used the card for a small purchase 4 months later.  

Lenders GE Financial or Synchrony?

You can't link your accounts if these are the the lenders!

I have the same problem

which lender should we choose?

TJ MAX OLD NAVY DONT LINK!!

I haven't had much luck linking these either.  any suggestions from anyone out there?