Question

iCalen

Denied a secured credit card with 600 score
I have one account that went to collections for $300. I have student loans but they're not asking for the money yet as I am still in school and have no other bad marks. My score was 650+ until a Cap One hard inquiry knocked me to 604. I never applied for it so I had them start an investigation. Recently, I saw the secured credit card so I applied and was denied. I don't understand!
I have no debts or bad marks just lack of credit. I literally owe one account and thee aren't any bad marks on my credit. I think I was denied because of the cap one investigation. That's the only thing to make sense. I had a good score and I don't know why I was denied a secured card. I'm trying to build credit here.

Please read the articles on this site so you can understand credit thoroughly.  That account in collections is more likely the thing that hurt, plus you didn't mention any-thing about your income.  That has to be at a reasonable level, too.