1.8

Nov 22, 2016
Easy approval with great financing terms

I applied for this card after being turned down by Synchrony, it was really a shot in the dark kinda thing. I went to the store, applied at the cashiers and was initially approved for $1000.00 CL with Credit Karma scores of TU 572 and Equifax 592, which wasn't enough for what I was needing to buy. I left the store and the next day I called their credit line increase phone number to inquire about how they do their CLI (credit line increase). The lady quickly pointed out that card members are eligible every 4-6 months but that she would check. The also asked how much credit did I have in mind for what I was looking to purchase, I said that about $2,000.00 would be enough. Was put on hold for about 15 seconds and she came back and said that she could raise it to $1,500.00. Really I didn't need $2k but it would have been nice. Now my case may not be the standard, but I was approved. My scores are low, but not because I have several collections or Bankruptcies, but because two years ago I had a crappy job in which I wasn't making enough money. Life happened and bills grew because of emergencies with family so I fell behind on some bills and was late over 90 days on a car loan and a credit card. I have been good ever since, going on two years now. I have several accounts in good standing and others as closed/never late. I do have over 10 inquiries which hurt your credit, and my utilization on the CC's is high as I am still trying to catch up from two years ago. Anyways, two years ago I started a new job with more financial flexibility and that helped a lot. It seems to me that Nebraska is willing to help if your recent history doesn't look to messed up, their interest free financing is great, and the variety and selection is plenty. From what I see their reprensentatives are willing to help so you may even have a good chance of getting a reconsideration on a denial. It's worth the try and their warranty is better than any other furniture store I know of. ~ Good luck to anyone and everyone trying to get the card.

Oct 16, 2018
Deceptive Promotional Practices

Do not fall for the advertised 40-month financing. It's a complete lie. Their billing practices make it pointless. See, one would assume that 40-month, no-interest financing would mean I could break the amount up into 39 payments and pay no interest. Wrong. The calculated minimum monthly payment is 4% (!) of the balance. And if you don't pay the full minimum payment on time, you lose the no-interest promotion. This means that your payment on 40-month financing is the same as on 24-month financing, so it defeats the purpose. Yes, the 4% payment will decreas slowly over time, but the whole purpose of a longer financing term for consumers is to break out balance into more payments. This runs counter to all consumer expectations and every other promotional program I've used. This practice should be considered illegal and fraudulent, as far as I'm concerned. It's just a way to trap people into an unexpected payment so they default and lose their promotion. Fortunately, I'm not in that situation, but this is disgustingly dishonest on principle.

Feb 12, 2020
Payments are the worst.

Their online system for payments is terrible. If your minimum payment needs to change, they don't let you know. In addition, they just email you that your statement is available and make you go through two systems to see what the amounts are this month. If you don't meet the minimum payment, they report you didn't pay to the credit bureaus before they call you. They won't even send you any other notifications at all. My advise is to stay away from the NFM / MART card.

Mar 30, 2019
Stay away from this card

I've had this card for over a year now l. During this time I was never late with any of my payments and always paid more than the minimum due. I called to ask for a credit line increase to prepare for a future purchase and they came back and said we are suspending your account. For someone that's been a good customer this is bad practice. Oh well one less card to worry about even though I enjoyed shopping there.

Oct 16, 2018
Deceptive Promotional Practices

Apr 08, 2018
Super disappointed with this card

I open an account about two years ago. Paid down my balance never late. One day I tried to make a simple purchase online. Maybe about 50.00. Specialty pillows etc. I go to check out and I'm told they had to review my account before my next purchase. ???????? I wasn't late I bought the extra insurance etc. My credit line was actually removed. They claimed it was from recent items on my credit report. I had my identity stolen so of course there was a few items on there I can prove wasn't me. They still closed my card with no explanation s

Apr 04, 2018
Good for a bit

My husband opened a Nebraska account less than a year ago. We were happy with the financing and bought several bigger furniture pieces for our new home. The initial credit line was 6000. This month, our balance sits at 1900, and when we went online to make a purchase ($50) we got a message to call the credit office. They then told us that we had to do a review to continue using the card, which included a hard pull on his credit. Which he didn't want to do. She couldn't tell us why. We have made every payment on time, some of them 3 times the minimum payment. We have never had that happen with another card. It is annoying enough that we probably will just pay off the card and get rid of it. We never owed more than a quarter of the credit line. Oh well.

Nov 22, 2016