Chase Freedom 0% Introductory Balance Transfer offer?
I recently got a Chase Freedom card which had a 0% apr for 18 months offer.
I also have a Dillards card, which is charging me interest each month.

I found out that with my 0%apr offer, chase freedom also has a 0% balance transfer offer as well. I thought it would be nicer financially to move the debt from one card to the other, since the chase card has no interest for the next year. Upon attempting to do so however, their confirmation page had a few warnings, which has me a bit confused, and I was wondering if anyone could help me better understand this:

Balance Transfer Maximum: The total balance transfer request(s) made online and/or with a Customer Service Specialist cannot exceed $15,000 within any 30 day period.

Balance Transfer APR: The rate listed below will apply to the transferred balance. You can also find this online by viewing the account details page or a recent online statement.

0% APR through your billing cycle that ends in 02/2016; thereafter

18.99% variable APR based on the Prime Rate

Paying Interest: We will begin charging interest on this transaction on the transaction date; there is no period to avoid paying interest on this balance. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details.

Interest Charges on Purchases: Once you take advantage of this offer, you will have a new promotional balance on your account. As a result, you will lose your interest-free period (also called your grace period) on new purchases unless you pay your entire balance in full each month (including any promotional balances that you add by using this offer). This means that while you will enjoy the promotional rate on the balances that you add by using this offer, you will pay interest on your new purchases.

Balance transfer fees: The fee for this balance transfer is 3% of the amount of the transfer, with a minimum of $5.00. The standard fee for Balance Transfers is either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.

Loss of Promotional APR: We will end your promotional APR on all balances from this offer if your required payment is 60 days late in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.

Right to decline: Under certain circumstances (for example, if your account is past due or over the limit, if we reasonably believe that you will be unable or unwilling to repay the balance, or any other reason provided in your Cardmember Agreement), we may decline to process your transaction, in which case you will be notified. We will not accept balance transfers from any existing accounts with Chase, Bank One, First USA or any of our related banks.

Other Terms: Any special benefits of this offer apply to the transactions from this offer only. If you pay any disputed amounts you may lose your right to dispute them.

Cardmember Agreement: For further details about terms and conditions for your account, please refer to your Cardmember Agreement.

So if I'm reading all that correctly, if I WERE to do a balance transfer, I would lose the 0% apr for 18 months rate immediately, meaning id be charged interested for any further purchases?

Also, if I'm still being charged a balance transfer fee, what seperates the balance transfer fee from the 18.99% balance transfer fee when my promotion were to expire? So it sounds like there are two different fees?

I don't mind paying the balance transfer fee. It would probably still be less than being charged interest each month from my other card company. I just don't get the difference between a balance transfer fee and whatever the other fee is that's supposedly 0% balance transfer interest.

Obviously, I don't know much about this stuff.

I don't know how much of a balance you plan on transferring. In reading Chase's disclaimer, it appears there's a $5 transaction fee or a 3% fee for the transaction at the end of 12 months from when you transferred the balance. If you transfer more than $200, then you'll be charged the  3% fee For each transaction.  I would transfer the balance all at once. What is the interest rate compared to the Dillard's? Make sure you can pay the balance on the transferred amount within 15 billing cycles. On the Chase website it states 0 percent APR for 15 billing cycles for new charges and balance transfers. I recommend you call Chase or go into one of their banks and talk to a qualified representative with questions.