Great for airport perks††

Annual fee

$0 intro then $95 after first year

4.1

Mar 15 2018
Primary Insurance on Rental Cars!

This card is fantastic for the rental car coverage, if you ever need it! That benefit is quite rare among card issuers, indeed. In January 2017, while driving an Enterprise car I was involved in a weird, unavoidable accident. Enterprise decided I was at fault and billed me for the totaled vehicle - nearly $12,000. Because I had used this card when reserving the car, and had also turned down Enterprise's daily insurance, I was covered fully by Chase. The process to take advantage of the coverage isn't difficult and the service representatives are very professional. They didn't require me to use my own car insurance first - Chase's insurance benefit was primary up to the full value of the car. I chose to charge the Enterprise damage bill on the Chase card itself, and then submitted documents for reimbursement. This gave a nice boost to my reward points! Applying for and getting the card was pretty easy, too, and there are no foreign transaction fees. I've had this card for almost 8 years.

Oct 09 2018
Bait and Swtich

Was offered 50,000 bonus miles for sign up, but after meeting all spending requirements was told I had signed up for an offer to waive the first year payment. Disputed, and was told there is nothing that can be done.

Apr 20 2020
Don't waste your time.

I had an 800 credit score. Both times I applied and was denied and it lowered my credit rating.

Nov 13 2019
NO perks

We have the card and still had to pay for carry on and checked bag. No upgrades allowed.

Nov 10 2019
Valuable if you travel on United a lot

This is the basic United Airlines credit card. I initially signed up for this for the 50k bonus miles and wanted to earn miles enough to travel, which I eventually did 3 years after signing up and spending on average $3k a month. I placed all my bills here - literally all possible bills to make it earn the 180k I needed for free international tickets. Fast forward to November 2019, the card has lost some of its value when United started to keep miles earned forever (they no longer expire). However, you still get free checked bags which I think is worth the annual fee if you travel as much as I do. One mile for every dollar plus some bonus on certain categories. No foreign transaction fees, either. Overall, I believe this is a good card to have and one worth keeping even though it has an annual fee.

Jul 21 2019
Wonderful card with a lot of perks!

I travel a lot so the perks of travel whether it be the $100 in credit if you apply for global entry or TSA pre check is amazing! Also, no foreign transaction fees. Those are a few reasons why I love it!

Dec 27 2018
Great rewards. Generous credit line.

Approval at 684 TU 635-645 Fico. Didn't pull EQ. They use some chase scoring model. Had 696 there. Card took full 7-10 business days so I'd expedite it.

Dec 27 2018
Nice rewards. Generous credit lines.

I

Dec 18 2018
What kind of credit

What kind of credit you need to get approve for this card

Oct 24 2018
Love the priority boarding

If you usually fly united this card is for you and pays for itself. I fly a few times a year with United, free baggage for me and one passanger and priority boarding, its worth the annual fee.

Oct 09 2018
Bait and Swtich

Sep 10 2018
Good airline card

Good for business travelers flying out of San Francisco or Chicago routinely. 2x on dinning, hotels, and United airlines are very helpful. Also first checked bag free and decent travel insurance. There are a few bad things. 1) You have to use this card as your main card to get the free checked luggage. 2) They have been cutting down the insurance benefits lately. It is still decent. 3) Restricted by the 5/24 rule from Chase bank.

Great for airport perks††