4.2

Mar 15, 2018
Primary Insurance on Rental Cars!

This card is fantastic for the rental car coverage, if you ever need it! That benefit is quite rare among card issuers, indeed. In January 2017, while driving an Enterprise car I was involved in a weird, unavoidable accident. Enterprise decided I was at fault and billed me for the totaled vehicle - nearly $12,000. Because I had used this card when reserving the car, and had also turned down Enterprise's daily insurance, I was covered fully by Chase. The process to take advantage of the coverage isn't difficult and the service representatives are very professional. They didn't require me to use my own car insurance first - Chase's insurance benefit was primary up to the full value of the car. I chose to charge the Enterprise damage bill on the Chase card itself, and then submitted documents for reimbursement. This gave a nice boost to my reward points! Applying for and getting the card was pretty easy, too, and there are no foreign transaction fees. I've had this card for almost 8 years.

May 11, 2017
It's a nightmare to redeem points.

Love our Venture card(s). Ome for personal and one for business. Was really looking forward to this card as we fly United regularly. Redemption is through the mileage plus people and I'm not wasting one more minute of my life on this card to explain how bad their service is and how difficult it was to plan trips around restrictions. Hours on the phone every trip. You've been warned. One star for lack of useability. Which is the only reason to buy it. $95 annual

Oct 16, 2021
Easy points and PQP

This card offers a lot of point perks that aren’t often discussed. I especially love the bonus points for dining and shopping online. You can add United MileagePlus shopping to your browser and it automatically alerts you and applies the code if there are bonus points available on a website. Same thing with MileagePlus dining…. Eat at a restaurant on the program and you get bonus points. All points are added to my United account so they are super easy to use. Don’t forget you also earn PQP when you hit milestones in spending. If you travel united this card is 100% worth it.

Oct 03, 2021
Simple and Awesome

I've had this card for close to 2 years now and my only regret is that I didn't have it for my past travels. I know I could've had much more benefits had I known about it earlier. I am an experienced and well traveled person. It was hard for me to find the right card to match up with my travels and expenses to get the max rewards. This card is a must for someone traveling with United or just traveling. A+

Sep 05, 2021
CK said my odd is poor, but...

I got approved in seconds right after applied with 12K CL. Own it for 1+ month now. Very satisfy in every way.

Feb 03, 2021
Horrible card. Raises interest rate for no reason.

I've had this card for years. There is very little, if any savings on travel. Miles expire. The worst thing is that they slowly raise your interest rate for no reason. My credit score is in the high 700's and they just raised my rate to %29.99! Would not recommend getting this card.

Sep 18, 2020
Good if you fly United

If you are flying United this is great. I think the best perk is the insurance on rentals and extended warranty on products when you buy using this card. There are other things to but to me that is most beneficial. I like the points but depending on flight you can burn through the points rather quickly.

Sep 17, 2020
Great for International Travel

When I travel, I exclusively use this card. First of all, I’ve had it a long time. I redeem mileage points typically for international travel. I’ve booked 3 trips to France and one to San Miguel de Allende and I used points. The most I’ve paid out of pocket was about $60-70. I get priority boarding and I don’t pay fees for my checked bags. I also use it while in the other countries and I love having no foreign transaction fees. Last but not least, I have flown using United partner airlines and once, I even upgraded to first class all by using my points. I find redeeming the points easy by going to their website and finding my flights there. I can also find them on the app which always tells me how many points I have available. I haven’t had problems with their customer service because one time I canceled a flight and I received all of my points back. All in all, I’ve had very good experiences using this card.

Sep 05, 2020
Dinited

I applied 3 times with 759 score and 3 times I was dinited. 3 times the email said they will review my application.

Jul 23, 2020
Dispute Department Will not Help

The card is fine if you will not ever have any issues with any of your purchases or require your card company to help with anything. But if you need to contact them for any assistance, you will receive none! Other cards have far superior benefits and customer service reps. My case where my flight was cancelled and I was told there was nothing they could do to help was beyond insulting, you are a travel credit card, this is the primary reason people will own your card!

Apr 20, 2020
Don't waste your time.

I had an 800 credit score. Both times I applied and was denied and it lowered my credit rating.

Nov 13, 2019
NO perks

We have the card and still had to pay for carry on and checked bag. No upgrades allowed.