1.2

Apr 19, 2012

just wanna ask a question..whats the credit score limit to apply on sears?

Mar 21, 2011

In 2009, I applied for a Sears credit card (citibank). My credit was in the low 500's so I didn't expect to get approved. With much surprise, I was approved with a $1400 credit limit. I have been late once 6 months ago. Since I have had the card, my credit has improved to over 620 credit score. On February 28, 2011, I have paid off all of my credit cards including this card to a zero balance ($3600 total credit limit) except for one card with a limit of 1185. This one I only owe $293.00. On march 1, Citi bank did an account review and dropped my limit to $250. Their reasoning is completely invalid. They stated that my revolving credit card balances is too high compared to my limits. Gee, interesting since I owe only $293 on a total $3600. Also, collections (i have none) and too many delinquent accounts. I was late with them only once 6 months prior. I called the Citi bank offices and they refuse to put my credit limit back where it was. They told me to file a dispute with the credit bureau and they would then request a hard pull on my credit file and review it. I am in the process of buying a house, the drop in credit limit, the pull for my credit file for the review and now they want to pull it again. I will never shop at sears nor purchase anything with a Citibank label.

Aug 21, 2019
DON'T DO IT!!! It'll hurt your score!!!!

Citi bank is a predatory lender and will hurt your credit score!!! I was approved for the Sears Citibank MasterCard in Feb 2019. However, at 6 months, they reviewed my credit report and DECREASED my credit limit! Want to know why?!? They said my FICO score decreased and there were late payments "according to Experian". NOT TRUE!!! My credit has not changed, I've never been late on any of my cards, and I HAVE Experian credit monitoring and there is no such evidence to support their assertions, and my FICO had increased during the time of their review. That FICO increase prompted my other cards to RAISE my limit during that same period, not decrease it. I explained to the credit dept (the real one, not customer service), that by decreasing my limit, they've caused my usage percentage to increase, therefore negatively impacting my FICO score, the man on the phone has the audacity to say "we don't care about that, we only care about our assets, and based on your score, you're higher risk." I've never been late on a payment, have paid well above the minimum on AUTOPAY, and they still would rather do this to their loyal customers, then to take their actual payment histories into account. NOPE!! I tried to get them to send me to someone higher, but nope, they can "have someone call you back." So, since they've already impacted my credit, I've closed the account and paid off the balance. I have NEVER had this happen from any of my other credit agencies. This is UNACCEPTABLE and PREDATORY. DO NOT GET THIS CARD!

Dec 23, 2018
DO NOT GET THIS CARD

If I could have given no stars I would have. Their customer service and dispute process is a joke. I called and spoke with one representative that promised me one thing and then when the exact opposite happened I tried speaking with the dispute team, they reviewed the card heard him give me a guarantee and then told me it did not matter. Don't waste your time.

Sep 20, 2018
WORST CARD EVER!!!

I have had this card for 4 yrs by far the worst card ever!!!!! The Apr is ridiculously high !!!! And they will NOT WORK with you!!!! If You do not have this card my advice is to never get it ! As soon as I find a new card to transfer balance that's exactly what I am going to do and close this card out and shred it!!! DONOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!

Jun 05, 2018
Horrible

Apr is crazy. Citi Bank is horrible to deal with and does not try to help you. Had them drop my credit limit overnight without telling me beforehand. Called to ask and they said it for things on my credit that were there when I originally got card two years ago but all of a sudden they want to use against me. As of now I make way more money and my credit was better then when I got card. Makes no sense. Oh well shame on them. Cancelling card and just got a discover card with way better interest.

Apr 16, 2018
Is Citi still issuing this card?

We had been Sears customers/card holders for years. When they sold their store card portfolio to Citi in 2003, our CL stopped increasing which was fine. This coincided with Sears' protracted downhill slide and we were making more of our big ticket item purchases elsewhere. However, we did still use our card albeit infrequently. One day, we had stopped by our local Sears store to purchase an automobile battery and our card was declined. I called customer service to inquire and was told our account had been closed (apology followed by "you should have received a letter" - we hadn't) along with an invitation to apply to Citi's Sears branded MasterCard. I declined. In their defense, we did receive a letter about a week later. I don't know if our attempted purchase caused it to be generated or just a matter of bad timing, but in my opinion, this is a shoddy way of treating people who had been customers for 37 years and had never had any late payments or other credit issues. It's really sad what is happening with Sears.

Aug 29, 2017
Don't do it! Terrible CS and antiquated.

In store promo. :-(. Beyond terrible Customer Service. No phone app to access account, web site is terrible, incredibly slow account transaction updates and the worst automated phone account verification system I have ever used. Once you finally get a human on the line, it's the typical Philippines terrible customer support experience. This card will collect dust in the back of my wallet.

May 31, 2017
High interest

DO NOT DO THE PROMOTIONAL PURCHASES WITH SEARS! They will only apply money to othe balance if you go into your aco**** and add the option to allocate funds to the promotional balance. Otherwise, the payments get applied to the outrageous interest and any other balance first. Come September 2017, they will be charging me 545 in interest because I was misinformed of this. I called customer service and one man was very nice and reallocated funds to my account but, it was not properly documented and there is now no proof of this. The manager that I spoke with just now, was only able to add 33.00 to my balance and continually said that she had no proof of the representative reallocating funds. THEY ARE A SCAM!! IF YOU WONDER WHY SEARS IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS, ITS BECAUSE OF THESE THINGS. SEARS HAS LOST MY BUSINESS.

Jul 12, 2016
dont even bother

just crap, crap and more crap

Jun 16, 2016
Credit card with 1982 era service!

First off the credit card itself isn't terrible. The construction is sturdy, nice plastic, and even comes with the new chip! The magnetic strip is a beautiful shade of black and has at least one coat of clear. The service that comes with the card is absolute crap, rivialing that of Capital One, which is impressive. You can't reset your online password without the card, and as such if you lose it and are waiting for a replacement you can't check your balance. They don't offer next day shipping, and charge for "expidited shipping". They haven't implemented the chip reader correctly and still utilize the a "Insert and sign" authentication over a two-factor authentication like "chip and pin". The customer service line is a joke, if you manage to get through with out being disconnected. The application process was very foreign and dated, I filled out information on a carbon copy form, and the manager typed it in a DOS style computer, no wonder these guys are trying to fold.

May 02, 2016
They closed my card

We've been Sears customers forever. And, I have had a Sears store card for decades. First, the credit limit was lowered as to be unusabe except for very minor purchases. Then I received notification that my account had been closed. No reason was given. When I called customer service to inquire, I was informed that I was "welcome to apply for the Sears branded Mastercard". I declined. From what I have read elsewhere, Sears is trying to phase out this card in favor of the Mastercard, but I'd think they'd find a better way of doing this (balance transfers, perhaps?), rather than arbitrarily closing accounts.