Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 1,646
Data Created: October 01, 2013

51 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 51Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 6   Previous | Next

I have the sears Mastercard since 2001. I used to have a limit of $6800. I was never late with a payment and I always pay my card in full every month. I signed up for their credit Karma monitoring about 4 years ago. Two months later they dropped my limit from $6800 to $250. I called a few years ago and then again today to get the limit increased so I can make a $700 purchase. They wouldn't even give me an increase to $700. I have perfect credit and very little credit card debt. 1 of my other credit cards has no limit on it, so you can imagine how shocked I was that I couldn't get a $700 limit from sears. They never give me a good explaination as to why they won't increase my line and the customer representatives are nasty. I never use the card anymore because I can't purchase much with a $250 limit. No point in getting their credit card. Look around for a better deal.

Sep 14, 2012 Reply
Worst credit card ever!! Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

I have had a sears MasterCard for the past 5 years(since 2008) with the available credit line of $8000. I'm 25 years old and have been working in getting my credit up. I receive monthly credit reports and today when I opened it- it showed my overall credit utilization was up to 54% on all credit cards---what!!?! It was 22% last month. I called sears and because I had a $0 balance on my MasterCard for 24 months they reduced my available credit from 8k to 2k without telling me! That 6k was half of my overall credit available for all my credit cards which SCREWED my credit score. I called and spoke with one person who transfered me to an acct specialist. They said they would apply to get my limit back up but surprise surprise I was denied becaus they had just dismantled my credit score!!! So now bc they took away 6k of my credit availability without telling me because they are greedy jerks- my credit it awful and I can't even get my line of credit back because my credit is bad. I have at one time had a $5000 balance on that card and worked really hard to get it back to $0. It's bull**** and this company is terrible.  I hate sears MasterCard. DO NOT EVER GET ONE.

Feb 18, 2013 Reply

In 2009, I applied for a Sears credit card (citibank). My credit was in the low 500's so I didn't expect to get approved. With much surprise, I was approved with a $1400 credit limit. I have been late once 6 months ago. Since I have had the card, my credit has improved to over 620 credit score. On February 28, 2011, I have paid off all of my credit cards including this card to a zero balance ($3600 total credit limit) except for one card with a limit of 1185. This one I only owe $293.00. On march 1, Citi bank did an account review and dropped my limit to $250. Their reasoning is completely invalid. They stated that my revolving credit card balances is too high compared to my limits. Gee, interesting since I owe only $293 on a total $3600. Also, collections (i have none) and too many delinquent accounts. I was late with them only once 6 months prior. I called the Citi bank offices and they refuse to put my credit limit back where it was. They told me to file a dispute with the credit bureau and they would then request a hard pull on my credit file and review it. I am in the process of buying a house, the drop in credit limit, the pull for my credit file for the review and now they want to pull it again. I will never shop at sears nor purchase anything with a Citibank label.

aliciasbrown's review was:

Mar 21, 2011 Reply

aliciasbrown(1, 9)

Review by aliciasbrown

Sears (Citi) did the exact same thing to me last month. $600 limit to $250 limit and they also said my revolving credit card balances were too high when in fact I paid off 3 of my credit cards. CK score 704, Vantage Score 760. I really don't give a sh*t about this crappy card since I have other credit cards with much better limits and lower interest rates to back me up but what they did was bull.

tg101688's reply was:

May 03, 2011

tg101688(413, 797)

Review by tg101688

Citigroup Slams Unwanted MC Sears card Helpful to 8 out of 9 people

My wife and I have been steady Sears customers for 30 years. Every appliance in our home is from Sears. We have had Sears credit cards for 30 years. We are appalled at the lousy customer service both Citigroup and Sears have shown us, by slamming us from our regular vanilla Sears credit card into an unwanted Sears MasterCard. We were told retroactively that they "sent us a letter and if we didn't respond, we got the MasterCard." We got no such notification. Five different Citigroup employees refused to listen to us. One hung up on us!

Sears claimed it was the bank's doing, not Sears's problem! So we closed the account after 30 years--now it's Sears's problem, too, because their stock price is tumbling and they can ill afford to lose more customers.

Imagine, the stupidity of so angering and failing loyal 30-year customers that we will  no longer shop at Sears or K-Mart, and will ACTIVELY warn everybody not to use Sears! Think how greedy, underhanded and uncaring Citigroup is to so badly mistreat customers. Think how stupid Sears is to invite this wolf into their midst.

If both companies fail, it's because they no longer care about customers. And, frankly, I hope they do fail. They deserve to, for their horrible treatment of people.

Oct 23, 2012 Reply

High Interest rates. Vengeful employees. Run!!!!

theheat71's review was:

May 03, 2011 Reply

theheat71(41, 100)

Review by theheat71

Stupid, stupid, stupid stupid! Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

Years ago, I was in a Kmart store in Kern County, California and was asked at a register if I would open a card for a discount, so I did.   I have American Express, World Mastercard, and a slew of others and have had good credit for years, so I was dumbfounded when I was told I only had a credit line of $1,500.00.     But nevertheless, I kept the card in my car for food, gas etc and had the card set on autopay at $100.00 a month and I've NEVER been late and have always paid TWICE the monthly payment, sometimes as much as 4 times the minimum payment and get this...   I get a letter from CITI/Sears saying they're NOT going to renew this card.  (?????????) and will be closing the account.

Too stupid for words., I am really going to reconsider ALL FUTURE business with SEARS and Citibank.       What's going on?   Are they going under?    Again, never missed a payment and have AutoPay set at $100.00 (on a $1500.00 credit line.)

Too stupid for words and in this day and age, I REFUSE to do business with companies which act this way.   Oh by the way... a card holder for TEN YEARS!     And I get a letter that we're CLOSING your account.    REALLY?     If this was a "better" card, I'd be upset and would call the credit card issuer, but this is a piece of crap card, from a terrible company, that is really not needed., I SHOULD BE THE ONE CLOSING THE ACCOUNT.        Check the reviews, NO ONE seems to be happy with this card.

It truly makes me wonder....  is Citibank having finanical problems?    Is Sears?    Because of this, I will close my other Citibank VIsa.  (regular card issued directly through citibank with a $10,000.00 limit and a zero balance.)      I refuse to do business with a company that would make such stupid moves., there are simply too many other banks out there wanting my business.

May 12, 2013 Reply

Just like the dozens of card holders stated before me, my limit was inexplicably reduced from a few thousand dollars to $450.  And that was only because my current balance is $430.  I don't get it at all.  I really valued this card due to the wide range of products they sell (I'm a home owner, I don't like alot of credit cards, but I kept this one because having another resource to replace a large appliance or tools just buy shoes or clothes is smart I think).  I feel like I've been a good credit card holder with them in the past and now I've been told they don't want my business.

Jul 23, 2012 Reply

just wanna ask a question..whats the credit score limit to apply on sears?

mikeangelo4u's review was:

Apr 19, 2012 Reply

mikeangelo4u(2, 3)

Review by mikeangelo4u

i got a $3,000 credit card balance with a score of 649 transunion, 652 experian, 615 equifax. I have one late payment on my credit report 6 collection accounts that have i have already  paid for.

wap8901's reply was:

Jan 13, 2014

wap8901(2, 0)

Review by wap8901

Got it with a 750. Very sensitive to negative information. Even shorter credit history, like three years, is acceptable with no negative information. But, don't get this card. Much better cards out there if your sporting a 750 and above.

SimonKro25's reply was:

May 17, 2012

SimonKro25(3, 0)

Review by SimonKro25

I had good credit... Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

Until they cancelled my card without warning!  I had a $5000 credit limit, 0 balance for over a year. I had used my Citibank Sears card on several purchases to take advantage of 0% 6 or 12 month financing. Never missed a payment, never made a late payment. This is the first time anything like that has ever happened to me.

Mar 26, 2013 Reply
Sears %#@!!!! Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I have been a loyal customer of sears since 2003, every electronic device, appliance and tools in my home is from sears. Today, Feb 4th 2014, I went to purchase some more tools and was told that my card had expired. I paid with my debit card and on arriving home, I called Sears Card to find out where my replacement cards were. I was told that my account was cancelled and wasn't being renewed. I asked why and was transfered to a manager. This woman was very rude and said they sent me a notice of cancellation, which I never recieved. I tried to tell her that I would not have tried to use the card had I known it was cancelled. She told me to get in touch with Equifax  and hung up.

I got in my car and drove the 27 miles back to sears and gave them their tools back and told them that I would never shop there again.

Feb 04, 2014 Reply
Results 1-10 of 51Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 6   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Citi Sears Credit Card®

Cardholder Rating Distribution (51)

The Citi Sears Credit Card®, serviced by Citibank for Sears customers, offers benefits to Sears cardholders. Cardholders may receive perks such as exclusive monthly savings and coupons, special financing offers, and secure access to their credit score, powered by Credit Karma. The Sears website even offers a free Credit Score Demo to illustrate this feature. Other credit card types include the Sears Card®, Sears MasterCard® Card, Sears Commercial One® card, and Sears Home Improvement AccountSM. Sears card can be used to shop at Sears and Kmart stores.

With the motto “Life. Well Spent”, Sears, Roebuck and Co. owns a nationwide network of 848 full-line Sears stores, and is a leading U.S retailer of apparel, automotive, and home products and services. Sears also owns a variety of websites, specialty stores, and catalogs that offer merchandise and additional services to families nationwide. Sears, Roebuck and Co. is a subsidiary by Sears Holdings Corporation, the nation’s fourth largest broadline retailer with over 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the U.S. and Canada.