Great for students building credit††

$0

3.2

Feb 24 2019
Good First Card

I applied and was approved for this card as soon as I started my first job. It's not a huge credit limit, but it's helped build my credit and there is no hard inquiry. It does seem that the company only reports to TransUnion since my Equifax score does not have the card listed. Nevertheless, I am happy with it.

Oct 03 2018
Worst Card Ever

Don't get this one. Its an absolute waste credit card with 0 benefits instead they come with problems. If you face any issue in any transaction, they don't help to work it out.

Feb 06 2020
This card is fine.

Pros: -No foreign transaction fee -Mastercard, so international acceptance -Decent credit line for students (started at $800) -Pretty easy to get approved -Gives you automatic credit line increase after a while Cons: -Takes 8-10 business days after paying balance for your credit line to return (really awful when I relied on this card while traveling) -No 24/7 customer support, and pretty much email is the only way to get in touch with them reliably with a paper trail -App is outdated compared to others such as amex, discover, or Chase -Doesn't report to Equifax so you lose 1/3 of the bureaus for reporting Tl;dr If you're an international student or travel internationally a lot as a student with a thin credit profile this card deserves a look. The headaches with not enough credit line available should be something to consider before you pull the trigger though. For everyone else go with a discover or something like that as a starter card and just go straight for Amex or Chase and pass on this card.

Dec 01 2019
Poor approval odds

With over 700+ credit score all across the board I did not qualify. I did qualify with other creditors. I'm not going to let this creditor ruin my credit potential with other lenders.

Oct 04 2019

I've had this card for a while now. It only earns 1% cashback which is applied as statement credit in multiples of $25 unlike Discover which allows you to redeem cashback anytime for any amount. The customer service is fine. I've had prompt email replies and statisfactory experience over phone as well.

Jul 01 2019
Great Credit Card for Students

The Deserve Edu card is great for all students with no credit history that want an unsecured product with no cosigner. Great first card for those looking to start building credit history now.

Jun 18 2019
Great 1st Credit Card

I chose this credit card because of the Amazon Student Prime they covered and Deserve is a great stepping stone card to help me build credit. When I call their customer service, they are always friendly. After using the card for months for my cell phone bill, I cracked my iphone and used the cell phone insurance to replace my screen. They covered up to $600!!! Love the perks on my first credit card!

Jun 17 2019
Awesome card for students

No annual fee or foreign transaction fees. Amazon prime for students signup bonus, 1% cash back, no SSN or credit history required.

Jun 17 2019
awesome card for students

No annual fee, No foreign transaction fees, Amazon Prime for student sign up offer, 1% cash back, No credit history required.

Jun 06 2019

Got turned down but others approved me right after.

May 03 2019
I feel that this is a ripoff!

I was applying until they asked to "connect to your bank account." Seriously? I have NEVER had a credit care company ask for that information and I would never allow that to happen. Nobody is allowed to have that information. Sounds like a ripoff to me.

Mar 20 2019
Pathetic Service!

It looks great, but the customer service is pathetic. My email and phone number was hacked that was connected to this card, and till date the customer service has not given me access to my account.

Great for students building credit††