Great for students building credit††

$0

4.0
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Oct 01 2018
Low CL compared to Discover.

Doesn't report to equifax. Laughable CL at $300 compared to my current $1700 CL with Discover ? Good for credit building but that's it.

Jul 31 2018
Good Starter; Terrible for Use

Alright, so this card is great if you have no credit history. I applied with $39k reported income, and a Discover It Student (2 months old) card and Amazon Store (1 month old) card. They gave me a $500 limit, and it has now been 9 months and I still haven't seen a credit limit increase. Connecting my bank was an incredibly difficult process. The first time I tried, they didn't even have it listed as an option in search. I tried again later, and they had the bank. I tried connecting my account and they kept encountering difficulties. Took a month to connect my bank account, which is just insane when you have to have it connected for credit limit increases. They sent me a chip card last month. After I activated it, they needed a password reset. Here goes another hassle. Kept trying and trying, but they never sent an email link to password reset. Had to email customer service, told I would likely get a response within 24 hours. 1 week later I got a response saying it is my email that is the problem, so I change emails. Finally got it fixed. But a new problem: THEY LOST MY REWARDS POINTS. Hundreds in purchases over 9 months and they just deleted all of the rewards. If you have no other choice, this can get your credit started. They only report to Experian and TransUnion, not Equifax.

Feb 06 2020
This card is fine.

Pros: -No foreign transaction fee -Mastercard, so international acceptance -Decent credit line for students (started at $800) -Pretty easy to get approved -Gives you automatic credit line increase after a while Cons: -Takes 8-10 business days after paying balance for your credit line to return (really awful when I relied on this card while traveling) -No 24/7 customer support, and pretty much email is the only way to get in touch with them reliably with a paper trail -App is outdated compared to others such as amex, discover, or Chase -Doesn't report to Equifax so you lose 1/3 of the bureaus for reporting Tl;dr If you're an international student or travel internationally a lot as a student with a thin credit profile this card deserves a look. The headaches with not enough credit line available should be something to consider before you pull the trigger though. For everyone else go with a discover or something like that as a starter card and just go straight for Amex or Chase and pass on this card.

Dec 01 2019
Poor approval odds

With over 700+ credit score all across the board I did not qualify. I did qualify with other creditors. I'm not going to let this creditor ruin my credit potential with other lenders.

Oct 04 2019

I've had this card for a while now. It only earns 1% cashback which is applied as statement credit in multiples of $25 unlike Discover which allows you to redeem cashback anytime for any amount. The customer service is fine. I've had prompt email replies and statisfactory experience over phone as well.

Jul 01 2019
Great Credit Card for Students

The Deserve Edu card is great for all students with no credit history that want an unsecured product with no cosigner.? Great first card for those looking to start building credit history now.

Jun 18 2019
Great 1st Credit Card

I chose this credit card because of the Amazon Student Prime they covered and Deserve is a great stepping stone card to help me build credit.? When I call their customer service, they are always friendly.? After using the card for months for my cell phone bill, I cracked my iphone and used the cell phone insurance to replace my screen.? They covered up to $600!!!? Love the perks on my first credit card!

Jun 17 2019
Awesome card for students

No annual fee or foreign transaction fees. Amazon prime for students signup bonus, 1% cash back, no SSN or credit history required.

Jun 17 2019
awesome card for students

No annual fee, No foreign transaction fees, Amazon Prime for student sign up offer, 1% cash back, No credit history required.

Jun 06 2019

Got turned down but others approved me right after.?

May 28 2019
Do not take this card unless you have to

I got this card after my bankruptcy and I encountered a lot of problems to link my bank account. After the bank account was linked they sent me a card with $500 card limit. No one at Deserve ever tells you that if you make the payment in full they still hold the funds for an additional 7-10 business days before they release the line of credit. They will not call your Bank to verify if funds have cleared also because as your account is linked they know that the payment has cleared but they hold it anyway. After making 6 payments online and encountering the same problem I closed the account because the customer service reps do not care about you either. Overall I have Capital One Bank cards and they are 100% better. My take stay away from them if you have a choice.

May 03 2019
I feel that this is a ripoff!

I was applying until they asked to "connect to your bank account." Seriously? I have NEVER had a credit care company ask for that information and I would never allow that to happen. Nobody is allowed to have that information. Sounds like a ripoff to me.

Great for students building credit††