Macy's American Express Card has two lines of credit. I think I got burned.
I had been using the card to make purchases all over the place except at Macy's. When I finally ended up using the card at Macy's it had been cancelled for "inactivity" even though I had been using it elsewhere. They ended up issuing me a new card on the spot completely replacing/cancelling the old one. I did not realize that both lines of credit needed to be utilized to keep the card completely active. Here's their explanation for the 2 credit lines:

"We bill purchases made at Macy's separately from purchases made outside our stores. These two credit lines have separate statements, payment due dates and minimum payments due."

The reason I think I got burned is that I noticed my credit score dropped slightly around the same time when they replaced/cancelled the previous card. If this is the case then the 2 credit line thing stinks.