Question

dred30

capital one credit increase
How hard is it to get a credit increase from capital one? score 704

Most Helpful Response

credit line increase

I open'en a capital one credit card feb 15 2015, used it and paid once, or twice a month, every month before the due date, never went

over 20 percent utilization, my starting limit was 300.00 you will get an email telling you if you  pay  five on time monthly payments

you will get a  cli to 500. well i just got my cli, which is now 2,300.  aug 15 /2015       so i received a 2,000 dollar increase, just by doing what they said.

if you pay more then your monthly amount, say like 10 dollars extra then your minimum payment, and do not go over 30 percent

you will get an automatic increase., so i would say that capital one is a great company, and a great card, they love rewarding you

with more credit then you think you will get. also after 6 months of the nextt step of doing the same you will get a nother increase.

what's in your wallet

Depends, but beware of Capital One

The credit line increase (CLI) depends upon a number of factor and it's difficult to tell if you can get an CLI. Though I dont have CLI experience with Cap 1, I have applied for credit once and was burned with THREE hard enquiries, each one EX, EQ, and TU bureaus. It is very likely that they have the same policy for CLI. So, check how much you really need CLI and then ask yourself if you are willing to take THREE enquiries for it. I can tell you that Cap1 credit department is not like other banks (I have personal experience speaking with credit anaylsts with every major US bank, hence I can tell), so whatever you do, be careful.

Capital One CLI?

Capital One is the worst credit card for credit line increases, CLI. I mean I get them all the time for my other credit cards. I would like to use Capital One more as the interest is low and low annual fee. I have had this card for like 10 years. If someone on these forums knows of a good way to get a credit line increase, please reply, thanks appreciate it, RD