Student credit cards give young cardholders the opportunity to build credit. Although these cards are available to students who may have less credit history or experience, student-specific cards often have higher interest rates. To minimize costs and build credit, younger cardholders should use credit responsibly by paying in full each month, if possible. These are some of the most popular student credit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month
- Enjoy no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Get a head start and build your credit with responsible use
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Monitor your credit profile with the CreditWise® app, free for everyone
- $0 fraud liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- Pick the monthly due date that works best for you
- Get customized alerts and manage your account with the Capital One mobile app
- No SSN required for International students
- Amazon Prime Student on us (get reimbursed for subscription fees up to a lifetime total of $59)
- 1% unlimited cash back on all purchases
- Credit limits up to $5,000
- No annual fee or foreign transaction fees
- No security deposit or co-signer required
- Helps students build credit history and gain financial independence
- Use anywhere in the world where Mastercard is accepted
- Includes Mastercard Platinum Benefits like Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Roadside Assistance, Travel Assistance Services, Price Protection, Extended Warranty and ID Theft Protection
- Complimentary cellphone insurance up to $600
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† Credit Karma looks at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.