Question

StarshipCapn

When should I call Chase Reconsideration Line?
So I was recently rejected for a Chase Sapphire Preferred application, because my obligations were too high relative to income. I subsequently signed up for CreditKarma to see what could be wrong. And I found out that I had a debt of around $1600 on a card that I am an authorized user on. As it turns out, it was a balance on a card that my mom had gotten and forgot to pay off. It will be paid off shortly and am hoping that this will help my credit score recover. How long after this payment has occurred should I wait before calling the Chase reconsideration line (I also have additional income to report that I had left out of my original application (income from investments as well as annual scholarship money))

Don't wait

There's really no reason to wait, call them and make sure you speak to a live person and ask that the application be looked at again. Also let them know that the $1600 debt has been paid off (or will be paid off). I called them the day after I got rejected and didn't have any changes but they approved me after talking with them. Good luck!