Question

nancyn3333

Should I apply for an AMEX Optima card?
I paid off an AMEX account in full, and was sent a letter about an Optima with a CL of $1400. Does this card offer Rewards? I was pre-approved for a mortgage in the last six months, but didn't buy anything in the 90-day period. Would having this card added to my credit history hurt or help me? My current FICO with Trans Union is 610. I have one other credit card with a CL of $2,500, and it's in good standing.

The Optima card has not been offered to new applicants, except through their targeted marketing.  I don't know if it has rewards or not. All perks and information about the card should be included with the mailing. You might also call American Express for more info.