Score drop by 6 points for Dillards Amex Application?
I have not updated my score on CreditKarma in 7 months. Today I log in and see drop from 783 to 777. The only change is application for Dillards Amex (approved) 2 months ago, several increases in credit limit, all accounts paid off each month in full, mtg paid in advance, no other changes. Could that really drop my score by 6 points. Also It says 2 hard card inquiries - I do not recall applying for any other card than Dillards Amex - any way to find out who the other company that inquired is?

lotion

yes a hard inquiry can drop your score that much--but thats normal--and since it was approved--your score will come back in a few months and should go up by a few points--now about your other question--the only way your going to find out why you have another hard inquiry is to pull your credit report from the credit bureau--companies like credit karma--only give you a mini report--not a lot of details--your regular credit report should list ALL deatils 

Response by
redcoupe

Submit to the Community