Question

Chrissyb776

Can you purchase a home with a judgement against you?
The judgement will fall off my credit in September but I need to know if I will still have to pay it off in order to secure a mortgage.

It really depends on your lender, they may say yes, they may say no.   If the balance doesn't hurt your debt to ratio income, and you have a good score, they may not care. If you already applied for a mortgage previousily with a lender, and apply again with the same lender, they may question you asking where the judgement went, and if it was paid.  So I suggest if you do wait until September, make sure it's with a lender you have not applied to before.  Anyways, long story short, it shouldn't make or break it.