Desert Schools FCU Reviews
Oct 02, 2016
Charged $ 9,- for a deposit of $ 1.37

I  opened  my  account  only  a  few  months  ago  and  after  one  bad  experience  followed  the  other  I  am  going  to  leave  again:

*  Deposited  Well's   Fargo  cashier's   check -  Desert  Schools  put  a  hold  on  it  for  2  weeks  and  when  I  explained  to  a  supervisor  that  this  was  against  the  rules  of  the  Federal  Reserve,  he  acted  super-arrogant  telling  me  that  their  rules  don't  apply  to  them.   I  filed  a  complaint  and  received  an  apology  letter.

*  Cash  deposits  at  their  ATMs   are  held  for  several  business  days

*   When  I  opened  my  account  I  told  the  guy  several  times  that  my  street  address  is  not  a  mailing  address  and   that  the  mail  would  be  returned  if  sent  to  the  street  address.   they  entered my  PO  box  into  the  system  and  still  sent  my  statements  to  the  street  address.  I  never  received  them,  even  after  several  months.

*   When  I  made  a  deposit  of  $ 6,501.37   ($ 1.37  in  coins,  the  rest  in  $ 100  bills)  they  charged  me  almost  $ 10  for  depositing  the  coins.   The  teller  did  not  mention  that  the  deposit  of  $ 1.37  in  coins  would  cost  me  almost  $ 10,-

*  A  few  weeks  after  opening  my  "free"   account  I  received  a  notice  that  they  would  charge  me  $ 24,-  per  year  if  I  would  not  sign  up  for   "electronic  statements"  and  agree   to  their  electronic  statement  policy.