Home Equity Reviews

Results 1-10 of 14Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next
Excellent

They gave me a great rate, !% under prime in May of 2007. I would have kept the HELOC, but when refinancing the 1st in Dec 2011, the new mortgage outfit didn't want to let me keep the HELOC. I was able to do without it, so I let it be paid off and closed. Citizens Bank did what they said they'd do, and I never had any problems with them. Unfortunately, they stopped doing new loans in California.

KenHanson71

3 Contributions
1 Person Helped
Hidden Fees!

I encurred multiple hidden fees on the account. After speaking to a PNC customer service representative, Jason, I received little information about the fees and I was told that they couldn't be reversed. The reason I was told that they couldn't be reversed is because most of the transactions that go throguh are automated but this one has to be hand written by somebody so it really causes more work for somebody to have to hand write a fee reversal. GIVE ME A BREAK! The fee was the fault of PNC so why am I getting charged?! His other answer was, "just because we can't." Fantastic communication skills sir, I am sure you deserve the money you make...

Loan Modification

I applied for a modification on my mortgage, reduced it by 3% and changed it from 20 years remaining on my 30 year to a 15 year. Service was great from start to finish.

Zoof

1 Contribution
2 People Helped
Very satisfied!

I have had a HELOC account at Sovereign Bank (now Santander) for about five years. Also, I have checking accounts, and anoverdraft protection account, This banl has provided outstanding customer service on line and on the phone. I have paid almost ne fees over the ten years I have been a customer there. The interest rates on my accounts, where they apply, have been the lowest I have been able to find anywhere.

courier1

1 Contribution
53 People Helped
Home Owner

I had a mortgage with Suntrust and they sold the loan to NationStar.  I was with NationStar  less than a year and the loan was sold back to Suntrust. NationStar was suppose to send two months payments to Suntrust and only sent one. I provided all payments to Suntrust. I am receiving foreclosure s letters from Suntrust and at  a lost. NationStar refuses to respond to me concerning this issue. Suntrust has messed up my credit report. I have a month late payment every month on my credit report. I purchased Lexington Law in hopes of getting this matter taken care. I would never recommend Suntrust.

It seems as if this was a plan or why would they sell the loan and less than a year require it again.

Horrible, horrible, horrible!!! Corrupt

This bank will charge you insane fees every chance they get! Not only are the bankers and recruiters incompetent and extremely unprofessional, they are utterly uncompassionate. I now realize that banking with US Bank is the equivalent of throwing your money in the trash.

I was in an in-store branch on Zinfandel in Rancho Cordova two days ago when I heard a womancrying (she looked pale and extremely worrisome) while talking with a banker. She was begging the in- store banker to remove some overdraft charges that were not even the result of her own actions.

She said smud accounts save your card information, so you don't have to re-enter it, which is true (My smud account does that for me too). She said her daughter paid an online bill and clicked on the incorrect saved account to make the payment; An account she no longer uses, and therefore, she keeps only a very small amount of cash on it. This woman said she works as a caregiver and makes below minimum wage and is the sole provider for her family (she financially supports four members). She said it is impossible to make the $129.56 payment, $80.00 of which was the result of overdraft fees. The bankers still wouldn't cut her a break and she left crying. After she walked away, I observed two of the bankers laughing and making fun of this poor woman.

I ran after this woman and attempted to give her all the cash that I had on me. She told me her story in great detail, thanked me for my generosity, but wouldn't take my cash because I am a college student. I guess even in her horrid situation, she found compassion towards my college student status.

I closed me account with US Bank and urge you to do the same. US Bank bankers are worse than robbers! I am still in complete disbelief of what I witnessed.

Review by

Denied at the last second

Everything worked as exspected. I was denied in the end after initial approval. Wasted a lot of time and effort and they refuse to explain why.

Review by

Worst company to deal with!

Loan discharged in bankruptcy, but they continue to call and send me statements. Never answer their phones. I faxed over bankruptcy documents again, but they still continue to pester me.

Review by

Bank of America can't help anyone.

We went for a loan modification about 5 years ago, they never received faxes-you never get reimbursed for $50 spent on faxing, copying, mailing etc, they do that to keep you busy so that

you don't catch on that they are not ever doing their job. They string you out for about a month, then do all the dumbest stuff on earth to keep you hanging till they screw up then blame you for their mistakes. They like to change people that you talk to & nobody @ BOA can't type in any notes or date anything. How do they stay in business?  They let foreign companies into your account then act like it's your fault that Brazil just stole $500 out of your account, may not be a lot of money to some people but like most familes from paycheck to paycheck can't survive.  The conversation with BOA about not letting ANY foreign anything come out of your account-usually ends up with customers yelling @ BOA, they put you in a broom closet to speak to that dept., closing the door cause they know there will be yelling on customer's part. They also don't clear anything up after they make ALL THE MISTAKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home equity line

I had two accounts one a fixed and one a line of credit. I was told by to bankers it could be combined no problem.  What a NIghtmare. Now it shows I owe double the amount.  I cant wait to break free of Wells Fargo-away.

Results 1-10 of 14Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next