Banking Reviews

Results 1-10 of 102Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 11   Previous | Next
Outstanding Account

What? No minimum balance, interest, AND ATM reimbursement in the same account. This must be a dream. Add in FREE Quicken WebConnect (happens to work without too much difficulty in GnuCash) and this is a rare gem in the banking world.

One thing I must caution applicants about is the hard credit inquiry that comes with applying for this account. I don't know where in the sequence this inquiry is made whether it is a result of opening a new brokerage account as part of the requirements of having the account or whether it is part of ensuring applicants are not known for bouncing checks. That cost Schwab a star in the application process. Not quite as severe as the hard credit inquiry is the somewhat complicated process of adding external accounts for initial account funding.

Love this bank

Been with this bank for over 20 years. Friendly and great service.

Absolutely Wonderful Service

I have a Discover card, have been a member for almost 20 years now. I also opened a Discover Bank Money Market account that is receiving higher interest than the other banks offered. But the thing I really love about Discover is that if they even suspect that my card has been used by someone else they call me immediately, even before they let the transaction go through. I have also been a subject of credit fraud &/or theft, and Discover was the ONLY card that didn't give me a hassle about removing the charges, replacing my account & tracking the person responsible. The What's in your wallet card was the worst at getting things cleared up. With the Target id thefts that happened recently, Discover automatically issued new cards to prevent any potential thefts. So I repeat, I LOVE THIS CARD!

dtr1224

8 People Helped
The best by far

USAA gives professional and personal service. The benefits, rates and returns are hard to beat. These folks provide high-level, knowledgeable service for banking, car & home owner insurance, credit cards, investing and even Medicare supplement plans. They care about you and they know the rules and do it right.

Good Bank

I switched to Woodforest after being jerked around by PNC (then National City).  Since I am over 50 I qualified for the Sterling account which is totally free.  They are not lying.  I am very satisfied with this bank from the staff to the location and to the hours of operation.

steeltoe54

0 People Helped
I am extremely happy with Everbank

I have been banking with Everbank for approximately 2 years now and I am very happy with them. They provide higher rates for their savings accounts than all local banks, their customer service has been top notch anytime I've needed to call and they provide many ways to get in touch with them. I particularly like the Twitter option. Since opening my accounts with Everbank, I have since refinanced my mortgage with Everhome Mortgage and have been pleased with them.

My only complaint with Everbank (if you could even call it that) is their application process. At the time I opened my account, I had to Fedex (which they paid for) my application and a check for my opening deposit to their offices. I would imagine that in this day and age their could be a simpler way to do this. Overall, it was a relatively smooth process as their customer service helped me throughout. I am very happy I switched from Wells Fargo/Bank of America to Everbank and would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering Everbank for their banking needs.

jdibella

2 People Helped
Web Bank is Great

Fingerhut sent me a catolog with a $400 pre approval. So after a few more catologs I saw something I could use for about $90 and ordered it. Quick easy and fast shipping. I made one payment and they increased my limit to $1200 I made another payment (on time) and now its $1600 Great way to rebuild and credit if you need it. Thank you web bank.

Love it!

I've had the account for several years now, I've been aboard since its inception and I cannot give a stronger recommendation.

IF you want quick transfers, no hassing with overbearing "verification days", top-notch customer service, and easy set-up/mantenance; go American Express!

whitepawn46

2 People Helped
Great Bank. Awesome customer service

Customer service is super helpful and never a wait time when you call. Great rates and am perfectly happy with this bank. Recommend to anyone looking for high rates on CD and Savings accounts.

I love this bank

I loved this bank, They were so good. always willing to help, knew my name when i came in.. It sucks when they got purchased by wells fargo.. The worst bank ever.

Results 1-10 of 102Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 11   Previous | Next