Personal Loan Reviews

Results 1-10 of 22Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next
Smooth and easy process

The consultant that was assigned to me, Dylan McCarthy, was so very helpful, personable and, freindly. He explained in detail in such a way that I was able to understand how the process works and what would benefit me at this time. I was very comfortable speaking with him and he made me feel confident that I can resolve my issues with the program we selected.

Thank you Dylan for your help!!

Review by

Excellent company to deal with

My wife applied for a load to pay off some debt and get rid of some credit cards. Our credit is suspect due to my doctor bills from Cancer, etc. Not only was the process easy, it was done within a few days . Lending Club really came to our rescue. We got approved for over 11,000.....the payments are kind of high, but in 3 years we would not have been  rid of the credit card payments. Now it will be nice to have 1 bill, instead of 8 or 10 others. All in all the process was easy.....confirm bank, phone, w-2 and pay ment stubs and it was done from Thursday...approved by Tuesday..money in our account the next day...Wednesday. Awesome experience!

Denied with 775 FICO

My wife was denied with a 775 FICO, 8k in checking, 3k in savings, 45k income (verified) for a 10k loan. In addition, phone rep was less than customer service oriented. Went to local bank and received loan without question. Don't waste your time with these folks...there are too many other places to do business with.

Amazing!!!!

I applied for a loan with AvantCredit and after a few verifications, my loan was approved with a 598 credit scored and the money was deposited into my bank account the next day. My experience with them was nothing less than pleasant and the cusomer service staff was friendly and awesome. Thank You for helping me AvantCredit!

src13

1 Contribution
0 People Helped
Great Experience - Read for Advice!

First off to those who say the lowest rate is a teaser let me assure you it isn't. I applied for this loan for $14,000 last week. I decided to call rather than deal with online or mailing. I would definitely advise to do this, as it gave me the chance to ask questions along the way. Service was cureous and helpful! I was looking for a rate of 12% or better. I was shocked that they came back with an instant approval at the best rate of 7.99% for a 36-month term. My FICO score is 740 if that helps anyone.

To those who complain about being ripped off I'm not sure what the issue is. I was very specific in asking if I could know my rate and terms before agreeing to the loan. At no point was I forced into anything until the final approved terms were layed out in front of me. You call and ask and if you don't like the rate you get no one forces you to accept the loan. Yes it's a hard check on your credit, but people blow the hit this takes way out of proportion. Do your research on how credit is calculated. Hard credit checks account for only a small fraction of your score and one hit is a small fraction of even that.

I was able to combine 2 credit cards, an auto loan with crappy rate, and some small minor loans all into one easy, low-rate payment. My advice is to do your dilligence in research as to what your best option is. Google "Credit Card Payment Calculator" and look at how long/much it would take you to pay off at current rates and then compare. The sad truth is that with multiple cards and debt items, consolidating makes more fiscal sense even if you don't get the greatest rate, as long as its equal or better to what you have now. One large payment makes more of a dent then a whole bunch of minimums.

In the end I went from taking 5 years to pay my debt off to now being able to do it in 26 months. Lastly, here's some reasons I chose this particular loan. First, there is no penalty for early payment or overpayment. Yes the extra each month goes to interest, but you have to pay that anyway. In the end I can choose to pay as much as I want each month (beyond the minimum). When Tax refund comes I can throw that at the loan. And I can pay it off at any time with no penalties or fees. It's flexible and it lets me plan my financial future much more easily.

I would recommend giving them a call. You can also turn it down if you don't get the rate promised. Just figured people should know that the low rate is not a scam - a Good-Excellent Credit Score can definitely get it!

Be very very CAREFUL!!

I signed up for kabbage in spring of 2013 and had used it by taking a small loan once or twice. Everything went fine and so when I was presented with a few oppritunities to buy a lot of excellent inventory in November and December of 2013 I turned to kabbage to make it happen. I was approved for up to $8500. I was not sure how much I would need to purchase inventory, so I took a small loan under $1000. Then the oppritunities expanded several times and I ended up taking multiple loans out, totaling $4500. Prior to doing so, I had checked how much the minimum monthly payment would be for a $4500 loan, and it was just over $1000. I figured I could swing this if I was careful the next few months with spending. Well, much to my surprise and horror, when my Janurary statement was updated, my minimum monthly payment was almost $1600!!!! Apparently, if you take multiple loans totaling $4500 the minimum payment is much higher than if you just take one $4500 loan. Does that make any sense to anyone?

One huge issue with kabbage is LACK of info. You get a statement with your minimum monthly payment around the 5th-7th of the month and then have less than 3 weeks to pay it. You can't see which loans are paid off, which fees are for which loans, how much your minimum payment will be next month, etc! Who ever heard of such a thing?

THEN I found paypal working capital. Now I feel like a moron for using kabbage at all. My fees for taking a $1000 loan from kabbage are a little over $180. I can take a $1000 from paypal working capital for $31. Yes, I am serious.

As soona s my kabbage loans are paid off will no longer be using kabbage. The fees are too high, they don't give you any detailed information at all about anything on your account, and the minimum monthly payments make little sense... And since there is no breakdown of the minimum payment, you can't even see why it is what it is. They just give you a number and you have to pay it.

So, kabbage can be helpful if you take one loan and repay it before taking another. If you need $4500, take it all at once and not in 5 or 6 smaller loans... Or you will be in for a major shock!

Eliz630

1 Contribution
13 People Helped
amazing service

Applied for a loan with a good credit score.

Got $5000 within a week or so.

Monthly paymetns are low and thats really good as well

Results 1-10 of 22Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next