Upstart

Upstart

4.8

Apr 11, 2017
Initial logistical review

I got approved for up to $50k but claimed less than half of it. Here's my profile at the time of Upstart's hard pull: Credit score: 668. (They show you this in your messages after you apply & it was higher than many of my various tracked scores) Credit utilization: 66% of over $30k worth in multiple credit card accounts; no other debts (no student loans, mortgages etc.) The minimum credit requirements for Upstart is listed at the bottom of their site under "Help Center" if you search for "minimum". Things to note are the 620 min credit score and no more than 6 inquiries on your report in the past 6 months (not including student/vehicle loans or mortgages). What they ask you for in addition to how much you want and what you need a loan for: -Your educational background -Your job status & income (they will need a paystub or work email verification later) -A primary bank account Total time from applying to approval: About 2 hours. Money was deposited the next business morning. I had been debating on taking out a loan to cover my total credit card debt of over $20k since all their 0% interest rates were expiring and we had a series of financially draining life events occur that stalled my otherwise great, on-time plan to pay everything off. I nervously applied and gratefully accepted the loan a few hours later before the cutoff time (5pm EST), so my funds were made available to my bank account the next business morning. A further surprise was that my initially quoted APR went down from around 13% to around 11%, which was way less than my lowest credit card APR. Something cool about Upstart is that you get to see how much more you can get approved for with their interactive slider which will also show you how much your rate and monthly payment would rise/fall. Great tool! Something to note for loan virgins is that the origination fee is taken out of your loan amount - you do NOT have to save up this money beforehand in order to accept the loan. Hope this helps!

1998

Feb 04, 2021
Be wary of your interest rate.

This is a great way for me to pay off my credit cards and get the fridge I need, as well as improve my credit score. BUT, and this is a HUGE but, do not get back into using those credit cards again and then having this bill on top of those. That is what people with bad credit and even worse financial education do. I make good money now, so the payment is eady to handle but only borrowed what I needed, not some crazy amount to go on vacation with or buy a car. This loan can help build your credit and get all those credit cards taken care of. It should not be used for fun money as you must pay all finance charges even if you paid it off in half the time. Eyes open. Use wisely. I appreciate the lender being transparent with this information.

Easy process

I was able to get a loan approved within a few days. It was an easy process and they stay in contact with you by email which helped since with my job I’m usually out on location where there is no service or I’m unable to answer the phone.

Great

This was just right for me hassle free very helpful customer service . The customer support answered all my questions in a timely manner.

My experience

they came through for me very quickly when I needed it thank you so much

Wonderful

Easy application and great company. It was pretty easy to get a loan when I needed it most. I just paid off early with no penalties.

Jul 01, 2022
Fast, efficient and effective service

Overall, a seemless process that got me the money I needed to consolidate my credit card debt without any hassle, and an interest rate that was low enough that I could pay it in full within 6 months.

Awesome

Was fast

Fast service!

Very quick process, even with the amount of applications they process. Definitely recommend when you are in a snag.

Jun 29, 2022
No gimmicks. Just a solid financial experience

This was the most stress free and beneficial experience in paying down dept as well as increasing my credit score. Customer care and service was top notch! From the application process to the final payment made on my loan, they were solid and easy to work with.

Jun 28, 2022
Worth the Time

The process was easy as long as you have all of the required documents. I will now be able to pay off my credit card bills and only have this one low payment. I was a little weary of credit Karma, but they seem to be very helpful with managing credit, improving your credit score, and managing money.

Jun 27, 2022
Not great

Well I was approved but wasn’t able to e sign due to technical problems they always said working on it but never fix the issue so now my rate expired and have to wait 30 days to re-apply