Upstart

Upstart

4.8

Apr 11, 2017
Initial logistical review

I got approved for up to $50k but claimed less than half of it. Here's my profile at the time of Upstart's hard pull: Credit score: 668. (They show you this in your messages after you apply & it was higher than many of my various tracked scores) Credit utilization: 66% of over $30k worth in multiple credit card accounts; no other debts (no student loans, mortgages etc.) The minimum credit requirements for Upstart is listed at the bottom of their site under "Help Center" if you search for "minimum". Things to note are the 620 min credit score and no more than 6 inquiries on your report in the past 6 months (not including student/vehicle loans or mortgages). What they ask you for in addition to how much you want and what you need a loan for: -Your educational background -Your job status & income (they will need a paystub or work email verification later) -A primary bank account Total time from applying to approval: About 2 hours. Money was deposited the next business morning. I had been debating on taking out a loan to cover my total credit card debt of over $20k since all their 0% interest rates were expiring and we had a series of financially draining life events occur that stalled my otherwise great, on-time plan to pay everything off. I nervously applied and gratefully accepted the loan a few hours later before the cutoff time (5pm EST), so my funds were made available to my bank account the next business morning. A further surprise was that my initially quoted APR went down from around 13% to around 11%, which was way less than my lowest credit card APR. Something cool about Upstart is that you get to see how much more you can get approved for with their interactive slider which will also show you how much your rate and monthly payment would rise/fall. Great tool! Something to note for loan virgins is that the origination fee is taken out of your loan amount - you do NOT have to save up this money beforehand in order to accept the loan. Hope this helps!

Feb 04, 2021
Be wary of your interest rate.

This is a great way for me to pay off my credit cards and get the fridge I need, as well as improve my credit score. BUT, and this is a HUGE but, do not get back into using those credit cards again and then having this bill on top of those. That is what people with bad credit and even worse financial education do. I make good money now, so the payment is eady to handle but only borrowed what I needed, not some crazy amount to go on vacation with or buy a car. This loan can help build your credit and get all those credit cards taken care of. It should not be used for fun money as you must pay all finance charges even if you paid it off in half the time. Eyes open. Use wisely. I appreciate the lender being transparent with this information.

Great

Hassel free and very helpful!

Great experience

Great. Easy. Efficient. Would recommend

Loan for bill relief

Easy application process. Money was sent very fast.

Oct 21, 2021

This is the 2nd loan I’ve received from them, yes the interest rate is high but Upstart has always been there when I really needed them.

Awesome experience

Smooth process, quick turnaround on approval, highly recommended! Thank you upstart and credit karma!

Oct 21, 2021
Was good, just need to be about to except P.O.Box,

Its good and help me get back on my feet, when i was on leave from work, had not personal or sick to help. Was able to pay some of my bills and got food. Do wish i could of gotten what i requested, what i got still help

Great experience!

Very easy process and very quick

Great Service!

Great Service!

Stress free

A great loan experience overnight completely hassle free and appreciated

Very Fast and Professional

Very fast and professional. A smart move if you are serious about improving your credit.