SoFi

Reviews: SoFi

SoFi

3.6

Aug 15, 2020

I wanted to get a loan to refinance credit card debt at a better interest rate. I decided to apply for the loan before my credit moved into the excellent category (as I wanted to try for a better rate) but decided to go ahead as part of my debt paydown plan. The application process was very easy and not tedious. It did take longer to get approved than stated, but that was partially due to needing to use a more recent pay stub, and verify my income. Customer service was very knowledgeable, and helped me make a slight adjustment to the loan to get the terms I wanted. Interest rate is not fantastic, but it beat some of the other competitors who charge fees, and it is much better than the 27% or more I was paying on a discover card. Once the loan approved, the funds were deposited the next day, and I immediately began paying off the credit cards; which has already greatly improved my credit score, and put me in a better position to refinance my home mortgage soon! I spent months looking at loan options and offers from other lenders, and I would definitely recommend SoFi to others.

May 24, 2021
Waste of time!!!

Credit Karma stated that I had a 90% chance of approval. I filled out the application because I needed work done on my house, sent all the requirements needed, and mind you, it took them quite some time to respond with emails. Come back after a week later to get denied. I was literally shocked getting denied with a 700+ credit score and almost a 6 figure income.

personal loans document icon

Explore our personal loans

See offers from 20+ lender partners to find one that matches your goals.

All reviews (413)

Jun 16, 2021
Good rate and easy to use.

Quick and easy application.

May 30, 2021
The worst experience ever

The worst experience ever

May 25, 2021
Pre-approved yet ran hard inquiry

Claiming to have an answer for you right away giving I have perfect excellent score. Apply via CreditKrama the company ran hard inquiry and I got notification from Experian about it as I was filling a preapproved application . I called right away to reach the highest level of management and they denied that they ran hard inquiry and it is showing on credit karma and Experian.

May 24, 2021
Waste of time!!!

May 19, 2021
not a very trustworthy company

applied for the loan, cause there was a 90% chance of approval, thought I would refi a personal loan to a lower rate. filled out the application and provided information. only to get denied because they could not verifiy my Identity, no emails or messages letting me know what they needed. they apparently attempted a call, but left not messages. and now they will give me a chance for a loan with a higher interest rate than I originally applied for. don't waste your time

May 15, 2021
Excellent experience in applying

Applied on May 3rd and had the money in my account by May 6th. I needed to consolidate my cards of 62k. Credit score was about 683, but had dropped from 760 because of high cc debt. Rate was the of all companies I checked. The process was unbelievable easy. They asked for statements of explanation of income so I did that plus sent most recent month paystub. They then asked for past two years w2 that submitted right away. I got an email later that evening that it was approved and the next morning it was funded and in my account.

May 13, 2021
Easy financing

This is the second time I've used Sofi. My debt to income ratio was 30% with no negative marks on my credit report and 200K+ income. In 2018, I received a consolidated personal loan for $66000 and received funds in 2 days. I paid it off in 2.5 years. I just received another loan for $99000 to payoff high interest cc (11% to 17.99%) and a pool loan. I got a rate around 9% for 4 years, but was offered rates as low as 5.99% for 2 - 3 years. My credit score shot up from 700 to avg 810 among the 3 credit reporting agencies. It also took 2 business days to receive funds. I figure I'll probably pay off the loan early again. The whole online process was easy...no phone calls and no stress.

Apr 06, 2021
Unless you???re in desperate dire straits

Even if you're in a death bed think twice before getting a loan from SoFi. Not worth the loan amount, the process and not to mention hefty way they calculate the interest they charge you.

Mar 23, 2021

I am not happy at all !!! At first everything was going fine , I gave them what they needed to get approved . Then after I gave them my banking information , I mean my routing number bank account number and all that good stuff all of a sudden they needed more information. I've had the same job over ten years and have never in 45 years missed any payments on anything ! At the end I was so mad wanting to speak with a manager and just was hung up on! These people are not legitimate!

Mar 18, 2021

Credit karma states I had a 90% chance of getting loan. Wasted time applying only to get denied. Don't waste your time.

personal loans document icon

Explore our personal loans

See offers from 20+ lender partners to find one that matches your goals.