Question

andrewg88

My wife and I need real credit help to purchase a home.
My wife are seeking real credit help so that we can obtain a mortgage by September of this year. I have had bad credit for more than 8 years and i know how most of it works and i have tried everything. Lowering credit card utilization, credit repair companies (scam artists), and taken advice from multiple mortgage brokers. Nothing has worked and i cannot take anymore denials. My wife has a credit score in the high 400s and mine bounces between the mid to high 500s. We have 2 children and a dog in a small 2 bedroom apartment and we cannot find any house rentals in the area we want to live. Our daughter is almost school age so we need a good school district and i am sick of throwing money away with rental payments. I need real advice and a real plan to be able to be pre approved for a mortgage and find a home! Anyone out there with a heart, we cannot go through another year like the past 3 with these denials and sinking all of our hard earned money into credit repair trying to acheieve a home purchase. I need real help, with real results. Pretty please.

I can't offer what you're looking for, but I do want to encourage you to STOP handing over your hard-earned money to scam artists disguised as 'credit repair' companies. The ONLY thing that will 'repair' your credit report is YOU, i.e., you paying your bills on time, you making sure there are no errors on your credit reports, you handling your credit responsibly, etc.

Believe me, I understand the frustration you're feeling. Been there, done that. I've gone through horrible periods of financial woes, always caused by the same problem, BIG TIME health issues (like a brain tumor). I understand what it's like to have to claw your way back up the credit report. It takes time, and there's no way around that.

Also, and I don't know if you've considered this, OWNING a home is a huge responsibility. When something breaks, it's up to you to get it fixed. Can you handle that? Can you really handle all the things that go along with owning a home? If there's any doubt, perhaps this isn't the best time to be thinking about buying. Your time and energy might be better spent focusing on improving your, and your wife's, credit ratings, and socking away money to save up for a down payment.