Huntington Nat Bank Reviews
Dec 03, 2016
Terrible experience, incompetent process

Huntington will not meet closing dates in sales agreements. Their service commitments are not met and their communication are worse.  No one takes responsibility for delays or lost information or changing information requests.  It's a round robin blame game.

Ours was a smal mortgage with ~50% down with a credit score of over 800.  They missed the closing target date by 3 weeks and did not send the proper or correct documentation to closing. They caused us to be homeless for a few days.

We have had many homes and mortgages in the last 40 years...dealing with Huntington is worst banking/mrtgage experience ever.

GO TO ANOTHER LENDER.

Apr 12, 2017
Huntington Bank - great if you are OCD

I normally use Chase Bank.  However, Huntington had a great promo for $150 if you deposited $1000....who gives a 15% return on investment anymore?  So I did it.  I also figured a credit card that gives me 3% back on the utilities that I have to pay anyway would be awesome.  Huntington staff were incredibly nice and helpful.

Fast forward about 6 months.  I've finally how they could make money off of me, the person who hasn't paid a bank fee in over 20 years.  They don't have an option to make automatic payments to your credit card!!!  So you either have to be obsessive and check your account regularly to set up the payment amount, or run the risk of paying late.

Back to Chase with autopay.  I'll give up the 2% extra in credit card rewards for the convenience of never having a late fee on my credit record.

Feb 03, 2017
Convenient affordable and clear.

This bank is honest and so convenient. I was able to defer a payment, when I needed to. Also after I completed the term of my loan early, they sent a check of over payment from interest.