I got approved online found truck did paperwork drove truck home.After about an hour they call and say return truck yuo're no longer approved because you have another loan out and you have no licence (will have it back in 2 months ) any way they've known about me having no licence and another car loan out because I sent them my ID and they ran my credit .......so run away ......FAST
We had a very bad mortgage and the servicing rights were sold to Round Point from Flagstar Bank. We went to court with Flagstar, Queens Park Oval Assets and Round Point in Houston, Texas for Statutory Mortgage Fraud and Wrongful foreclosure and won the case. Round Point, Flagstar and Queens Park refuse to accept the judgement of the court which deemed the Deed of Trust, Mortgage and Promissory Note wer not enforceable and awarded the property to us. The case was settled in April on 2014 and is now turned over to the Department of Justice. Round Point is not a good company to do business with.
PennyMac is about to foreclose on my home. I tried getting a lower payment, couldn't. Ultimately I had to choose, medical care or home. I chose medical care. Now I am getting well but faced with "how to find a home, rent or otherwise, with bad credit and pets. PennyMac did try to help me. The laws and investers controll a lot of the actions of all lenders. Just because they cant help you in your time of need, does not mean they did not care. They listen, searched for options, and worked hard on my behalf. For that I give them a 4. I took 1 star away because they made an error on my streamline refinance that caused my house payment to increase by $900 a month and left me without options. Their error, I paid the price.
This had to be the worst loan experience I've ever had, out of 15 purchase or refi's that I've done over the years. The hours wasted and absolute frustration would have been better spent on a higher rate from a trustworthy lender. Here's a short list of the major problems that we had - definitely not all inclusive:
- Requested that specific rights granted to the borrower by law in the state of WA be waived. Why would a reputable company want you to forego legal protections?
- Tried to bill me twice for appraisal fees
- Tried to charge an additional $100 for appraisal at the last minute before closing
- Tried to reduce lender credits at the last minute before closing
- Tried to change out my insurance to theirs at the last minute at 50% higher cost
- At the opening of escrow, I asked if the $1000 earnest money payment would cause issues because of the source. No issues were raised. At the last minute, it became a major issue and I had to get a cashier's check from an "approved" source.
- Numerous duplicate requests for documents that had already been provided
The upfront story from New American will sound appealing. They will say all the right things and make sweet promises. Run away. Fast.