Question

mnaussie2

Wells Fargo Closed Account legally incorrect
I have the same situation as my lawyer never informed me about reaffirmation. When I contacted her after the fact she said she does not recommend it. She should not have the right to determine whether I want to or not, it should have been presented to me. She claimed it could not be lodged after discharge. I had to file as a result of an accident that left me as a paraplegic in 2009. I have of course kept my home and never late nor missed a payment since 2002. Credit Reporting is a legal representation of open and closed accounts. How can Wells Fargo report that the account was closed as a result of the bankruptcy which is legally not true. Would it do me any good to get an attorney to attempt to reaffirm after the fact? Do I have any recourse other than refianancing? It just seems to be a waste of money for closing costs etc. I also attempted to work with Quickenloans and I agree they are great but why would I want to waste $3500 just to ensure reporting. I will never show payment history or length of loan which are 2 of the most pertinent credit score indicators. I have disputed with Wells Fargo ad nauseum. The Wells account shows as closed and disputed by consumer. It would hike my credit up to excellent, where I was when I had to file after going from 6 figure job to SSDI.

I would be SO grateful for any advice that I have not already mentioned. Wells Fargo is by far the worst creditor I have ever worked with in 30 yeears. I would highly recommend using any other lender for a home mortgage. They alone have made this recovery a nightmare and their general service is deplorable. I have taken all my service to Chase. Once I can do something about this account I will NEVER deal with Wells Fargo again.

Thank you for your consideration.