McCoy FCU Reviews
Aug 12, 2016
So far so good
ladysizzauce
Top Contributor 34 Contributions 192 People Helped

I recently became a member of Mccoy Federal Credit Union because I was looking for a small private loan for college. I first checked at my regular bank, Wells Fargo, whom I've been doing business with for almost 12 years and have 4 open accounts with. WF wanted a co-signer for the small loan ($2500). My credit score is in the high 600s and I have 12 years of credit history so I thought this was unreasonable. I went to Mccoy and was approved (without a cosigner) after providing a month's worth of paystubs. All I had to do was open a saving's act with $5 in it (no maintenance fees while you have a loan with them). I also got a better interest rate than I would have with WF. I have yet to make any payments, but I have my online act already set up. It's nothing fancy, just like their branches, but that can be a good thing, not passing those fees off to the customers. So far, so good. In the future I might refinance my auto loan with them after I get my credit score up a little higher. I also will probably look at them for a mortgage in the future if all goes well.