DFCU Financial Reviews
Mar 13, 2016

Spent nearly 4 years with DFCU. They love nailing you with $1 fees, but brag about their "member dividend." The "member dividend" doesn't even cover the fees they charge. The most annoying is the $1/month paper statement fee. When we went to close out our account, the $1 paper statement fee messed up the final transfer out to our new financial institution.

My wife and I had a "joint account" but DFCU never really treated us as equals, they treated us as 2 very separate individuals who just happened to have a name on the account. We each had separate logins, and they **regularly** witheld information from my wife relevant to the account even though we had signed every paper granting equal rights and were even prepared to give them a copy of our marriage license. We gave up when we moved, and only ended up changing my wife's address instead of going through their hassle to change my address as well. I would go so far as to say we were mistreated/discriminated by DFCU for being married and holding a joint account. No other financial institution we've ever worked with has ever treated us so unfairly as a married couple.

Technologically, their systems are back in the 1990's. Their portal is horrible on a good day, and not user-friendly even for a techie. Their default is to make you go to a branch for everything..."Hello DFCU, it's 2016!" They just started offering check deposit via image/smartphone, but as a techie I can honestly not trust their systems to handle it right.

They push their loan rates in ever communication with them, but they are not even remotely competitive so don't waste your time even looking at them.