Country Reviews
Aug 13, 2017
Dishonest? Or incompetent?
CanteenP

My first issue is when signing up my agent told me that since I didn't have a credit history my rate would be the higher rate for a few months until they had established that I made reliable payments, at which point he would lower it for me. This never happened, and when I called to check in, I was assigned a new agent who told me that wasn't possible.

Eventually, I found a MUCH cheaper rate through another provider and switched to them last month. I called and canceled my policy with Country. They confirmed this and told me a check with my balance would be mailed within a few days. I never received the check and in fact was billed AGAIN the following month. Messages left with my agent were not responded to. I called customer service and they had on record that I had canceled, but the local agent did not process it. They back-cancelled the policy again and my request for an e-mail confirmation was a process that took 20 minutes over the phone.

Hopefully my policy will be canceled this time, and hopefully I will receive my refund, however, my faith in this company is EXTREMELY low. Best to stay away and do business with a company that does not have such a dishonest, scammy attitude.