Consumers CU Reviews
Oct 26, 2017
SOannoyed100

Consumers Credit Union is by far the worst I've ever experienced. I have had 2 loans with them (Car loan and personal). Not only were they ALWAYS late on sending me estatements but they were always incorrect. And rather than transferring money from 1 account to the other right away, it took over a week and then I was charged overdraft fees because they did not do their end. In 2016, I moved from MI to FL. I transferred my title and everything to FL of course. Anyway, in September 2016, I paid off my auto loan. I contacted cosumers and asked for them to send a release of the lein on my title and to send me information stating my loan has been paid. They told me they would send me information via email (Never got this) and regular mail. I moved from 1 side of FL to the other about 2 weeks after this call - still never recieved anything. I called the credit union and they told me they did not have my new mailing address on file so I gave it to them. (Still never recieved a thing). Anyway, I must have forgotten or what have you because the work I do keeps me very busy so it must have slipped my mind. Mid October 2017, I got a new car and traded in the car I paid off. Everything seemed to be okay until I got a call from the dealership stating Consumers never released my lein on the title. I contacted Consumers and guess what?! The person NEVER sent out the release or ANYTHING to myself or FL stating everything is okay. So here we are a year later, I dont have my title and now I'm ****ed. I call consumers on a monday, they reassure me that they will send out an eletronic notice to FL and also mail me a copy of the lein release..... come thursday, the DMV does not have it because I go in there and they tell me Consumers made it a "Paper pending" which basically means I have to wait anywhere between a week and a month to get my title... the dealership at this point has already been waiting a week. So because Consumers did not do their job, I am stuck playing the waiting game. They were NOT HELPFUL by any means and the guy who handles the leins must've been to scared of getting yelled at because he refused to speak to me. Long story short: They are the worst. They mess your account up, they do not fill out paperwork correctly, they do not answer voicemails or emails, they do not double check the status of their members, they do not seem apologetic for being in competent and they seem to be more about themselves rather than the members. I wouldn't be so ****ed if they were at least sorry they screwed up but they didn't even seem to care. All they kept telling me is "oh, yea unfortunetly, theres nothing we can do to speed up the process". and  I said "Okay, so what you're telling me is YOU guys didnt do YOUR job A YEAR AGO when my car was paid and I even contacted you to send the release... and now I have to wait because of your mess up? Just so you know, I will be filing multiple complaints against you ad you seem unprofessional and not willing to even take responsibility for your wrong doings. While we are at it, I am going to drain my checking account and you need to close is right now as I will never work with you again and my goal is to let everyone know how terrible your credit union is" and she told me "No, I completely understand. I would be quite upset too but it's just not anything we can do at this point. You're going to have to just be patient and when your title does come in, take it to the dealership."

Long story short: There was a lot of back and forth and nothing seemed to be resolved.... other than me waiting for the next 2 weeks for MY title that I paid OVER A YEAR AGO in which I should have recieved it already. Also, I did in fact drain my account with them :) If you're looking for a good credit union with staff that actually knows how to do their part, Consumers is not the place to go.