American First CU Reviews
Sep 17, 2017
Not what they promised
creditbuilder49

I was concerned when the house appraisal for a HELOC came in artifically low.  They assured me that if property tax notice shows something different down the road they will gladly change the loan limits without any problem.  That was a lie!  That time came and now they refuse to do anything about it - other than require an entirely new loan, new credit inquiry, etc.  Had this been the case I would have not opened the HELOC until the original appraisal was corrected.  Now I will have to deal with another inquiry that will impact my credit rating.  I have contacted their service department and the issue is quickly dismissed with a cold 'sorry....'    No good will, no explanation, no investigating, etc.  The organization used to be the best at offering excellent customer service.  After 25 years of being a very loyal member and keeping substantial assets at AFCU I've learned they are no longer the great credit union they used to be.  It's really sad they have lost what made them so great at first.  BUYER/LOANER/SAVER BEWARE!