Question

Kreyson

Woulnd't more credit card accounts help when you consider payments made ??
I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit and I'm on the right track. I currently have 4 credit cards, a Fingerhut account, and I got an auto loan, even though it doesn't have a pretty interest rate.

In the past, one of my downfalls was taking out a mortgage for a pretty expensive house that after I got into it, my job kinda fell apart and I got stuck with a pile of late payments on my house which crippled my payment history to 89.2% and 93.8%.

People will say that you can have too many credit cards and I know a new card would ding my credit score at first and drop the average age of my credit, BUT if I have another account that I'm paying on monthly, wouldn't that help increase my payment history faster, which is a higher impact hit on me currently, not to mention, it'd give me a little more overall credit for my utilization ???

I've been pretty good with the credit I have now and I think I could handle another payment without problem, I'd more than likely only take it out for a tank of gas once a month and pay it off.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks !