Question

georgevct

Target card issue
Hi all,

My credit has been built back over 4 years to a respectable level after a band 2010.

I only have two issues left on my report. One is dropping of end of the month and the other is Target who I loathe as they keep hitting my report every month with a "charge off" causing issues.

In 11 months Target will fall off my report as well but they called today to take payment in full or a close the account for 50% of what is due and report it as paid and settled for a lesser amount. All the bad stuff remains but it opens for me to dispute it till it falls off.

On the other hand I wonder if this hurts more than helps and should I simply let the 11 months go and take the same money and pay down a current card.

What say you ??

George