Paid credit card five years ago, still showing up as delinquent, NCO FIN trying to steal from me?
I paid off a credit card to HSBC for 400-something dollars back in 2008. It still shows up in my credit report as delinquent. NCO financial, a shady debt collection agency accused of, among other things, attempting to collect debt already paid to the original owner. They have opened an account for me at $417, almost if not exactly the cost of my credit card I paid off years ago.

I have not had a credit card since that first one.

Attempts to contact NCO financial have been so far unsuccessful (though it had only been one day).

Anything I should be concerned about? I contacted HSBC and they assured me that my account was paid off with them and that they didn't sell my debt to NCO or any other debt agency.

Anything I should be concerned about? Shouldn't my payment of the HSBC credit card be showing up on my account by now? I paid an agreed upon amount, and not the total amount I owed, but still, the debt is "paid" regardless.

And has anyone ever dealt with NCO financial? A quick google search makes them seem pretty scary, is this the potential start of a long battle over 417 dollars?