never activated the card, question about fee...
The annual fee states as follows...

"you may still reject this plan, provided that you have not yet used the account or paid a fee after receiving a billing statement, if you do reject the plan, you are not responsible for any fees or charges."

I called to close the account, and the card was never activated. My questions are 1) Is that information legal and binding? 2) Since I never activated my card or anything, that means I am not required to pay the balance that was put on there due to the annual fee, correct?

I had called and they stated that I am not liable and gave me a reference number, but I still do not feel confident that they are really going to take it away. If they do not in a week, should I take legal action?

Thank you for your opinions and help!