Question

StressingStudent

Is there anyway I can get a credit card or even build my credit?
Hey so I'm in college rising sophomore and 18 years old. I have never had a credit card just student loans. The Interest accrues on only one of the two and I pay the interest off whenever I can. I applied for a credit card and come to find out my credit score is 580 which is very poor. I've been denied from two credit cards already even a secure one that is supposed to help you build your credit.

Start working on paying your student debt down and make monthly payments. That will raise your score over time. Student loans are not dischargeable in a bankruptcy and many lenders get nervous with someone having large student loan debt. I am surprised you were turned down for a secured credit card.