Question

Jazzymom13

Is it advisable to send credit report to creditor when negative info appears?
I have 1 late payment that is taking my score B for Percent of Payments Made on Time. The late payment was over 3 years ago. I requested the creditor (Home Depot/Citibank) remove this 1 bad mark due to my otherwise unblemished history over the past 7 years with them. To do so, the creditor has requested a complete copy of my credit report with a letter explaining the information in question. My credit report also has 2 adverse accounts as a result of my divorce. They are accounts that my ex-husband and I had together (mortgage and installment loan). He included them in the bankruptcy HE filed (I did not file). I have recently been denied a credit card Marriott/Chase) due to the accounts reflecting the bankruptcy. My concern is that if I provide them with this information, they may close my credit card account with them. Should I provide them with my complete credit report hoping they will remove the 1 late payment and improve my score? Or should I not provide it to them for risk of them closing my account? Thanks for your help!